DD 3510 or 9510?

Username: Lgndryplya

Post Number: 1
I have an Audioque 2200d and want 10 to handle 2500 watts rms at .5 ohms. Should I get a 3510 or is 2500 watts to much?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3454
it could take it but i would personally go with the 9500

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 955
Im sorry, but the number 10 in your question is completely throwing me off. However, if you take out the number 10, it makes a lot more sense.

One thing I do want to ask, but where are you getting .5Ohms from? That amplifier is only rated to go down to 1Ohm.

With that said, go grab a 2Ohm DVC version of the DD 9510 and wire it Parallel to create a 1Ohm Load.

Post Number: 2
I want to go with a ten because of the space I'm trying to put it into a trunk. The amp is rated for 1 ohm but i want more watts.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 957
Ah, ok. I see. By 10 you ment, a 10" Subwoofer. Gotcha.

But regardless, if you look on the DD website, the 9510 is rated for 1500 Watts RMS at the minimum. The Audioque 2200D puts out 2200 Watts RMS at 1Ohm. You can also push out 2600 Watts at 1Ohm if you are able to feed it a constant 16v power source.

If you are looking to get more power than this, then I would suggest looking into a bigger amplifier.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 619
x2 you will super enraged pissed when it blows, and you say....Dammm, I shoulda listened to joe

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 587
A dd 9510 would work. Aq amps are stable at .5 ohm for daily use done people go even lower than that for daily. But of course the lower the ohm load presented to the amp the less efficient the amp is and the amp will pull more amperage to get that power so a battery and or alternator would be needed to get that type of power realistically

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1194
Ive ran my aq1200d an a aq2200 at .5 before with no issues. Your definatly going to need the eletrical upgrades though. Just curious, why a 10'' sub?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11880
Have fun blowing that amp. Or at the least putting it into protect.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2250
if you want more power, then get a bigger amp. why would you risk f*ckin up that amp just to get more power? and how much more power would you see at .5ohms rather than 10hm? I bet you wouldnt even HEAR a difference. thats just stupid to me.

Do you have the electrical to even run that amp at full tilt at 1ohm?? 2200rms is going to need HO alt, better battery than stock (possibly more if you want to play it with the car off), and Big3 upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 588
Honestly because of impedience rise and many other factors if you do have a proper electrical running that amp at .5 ohms instead of 1 ohm really would make a difference and the amp can do that no problems. But like I said with a good electrical.
If you do run that amp on stock battery and alt but do the big 3 and use 1/0 wire the amp will run fine and not shut off but you won't br getting full power from it and its almost a waste having it if your not going to use its full potential.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16985
imho id get the 3510 , the 3500 series sounds more musical than the 9500 series

having a 2200wrms amp does not mean ur sub will get a full 2200 since music is dynamic , id say the 2200 has good headroom for a 3510 & everybody knows dd subs can handle more than rated power as long as u know what ur doing

wont recommend running a 1 ohm stable amp at 1\2 ohm daily even though ppl claim it'll work - eventually u will end up with a damaged amp ....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8497
If you know what you are doing, the DD3510 will handle 2500wrms CLEAN daily. Hell, I have sent 3500 subs ~3krms CLEAN daily w/ no problems. Right now I run 2 DD3515's ~ 1.5ohm strapped on 2 DD M2a's. (rated 2300wrms, tested 2.7-2.8kwrms) Even NickV's 2-DD2510s see ~1800wrms daily, YES DD2510's...but with a CLEAN signal, they are fine. (151dB+ daily driver 2-10 trunk car)

Are you going for a daily system or an SPL burp setup?

I would actually stay way from 9510's for daily system. They tend to be peaky, they are so over-motored with all that motor force behind them. The 35's tend to be more musical as 10's than the 95's.

Also, why are you looking at building w/ 10's?
What vehicle do you have? How much space do you have to build?

I do not recommend running this much power to ANY sub for the average joe, but for a veteran of car audio, you can listen to the system and know when you are pushing it to its limits. And know when to back off.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16987
nice to see we have similar opinions ....

Post Number: 5
Well I will have the electrical to back up the amp even at. 5 ohms and im going with that because I am assuming impedence rise will make a fair balance for the amp. I just wanted to make sure which sub if not both could handle that amount of wattage because Im wrking with little space in a 01 Impala. Otherwise I could just use my 2 L7 15's. Thanks for all of the responses

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2252
you just said you wanted a 10" because of space limitations in your trunk and you wanted something more musical. And then you say you may just end up going with 2 15" L7s... dude, L7s are far from musical and 2 15s are going to require WAY more than a single 10.

i have an 8cubic foot box for 2 15s in my truck and i doubt you would be able to fit it into an impala... who knows...

Sell the L7s, get the 3510, and do work!

Post Number: 6
Canaan very helpful response and it is daily. Im looking for a musical loudness but why the 95s daily if you say the 35s can handle the power?
Iwould have to wall off the impalla to fit the fifteens but ill probably go with the 3510 now.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17098
Cutting the box rise in half by going to .5 ohms will make more of a difference than just the couple hundred watts he would gain....especially with a high motor force woofer like a dd but running an amp designed to run at 1 ohm at .5 daily will shorten the amps life

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17099
"Canaan very helpful response and it is daily. Im looking for a musical loudness but why the 95s daily if you say the 35s can handle the power?"

My answer for that would be greater output potential and a lot longer life between recones since you wont be reaching mechanical limits as much

Post Number: 7
Ahh I understand what ur saying sean.That said I might go with a 9510 depending on my dealers prices.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8498
Ok....so OP, let me get this right....

You have a 2500rrms amp @1 ohm and want sick sound in your 2001 Impala?

Right?

If so, a pair of DD3512's would handle that power VERY well and sound great.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8499
OP,

You have enough space in that Impala for 2-12 or 1-15.

If you want a DD9500 on that AQ2200,...go w/ a 15".

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11883
And run it at 1 ohm

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1197
Be safe,get either a dual 2ohm 9500 or 3500 sub. Run that amp at 1ohm and not worry about it. Its highly doubtful you would even notice any difference between .5 and 1ohm with that amp anyway. Ive seen tests where that amp does around 2400wrms @ 1ohm anyway so as long as you have the electrical you will be just fine.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16990
at least judging by his name he is a seinfeld fan - lol ...

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 626
yes, he is an inporter/exporter

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1198
yep,huge fan. It was either that, Dr. Van Nostrand or the a$$man. lol

Platinum Member