Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 948
D3s hands down.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2253
quit making threads...this has already been one and people already said that the D6 is more comparabe to the type-r. but then the d6 would win in sq. different style subs IMO.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 951
You're high if you think the D6 and type R are comparable. D3 has better SQ and output than a type R I have a lot of experience with both subs. I personally run D6s now.

Gold Member

TX

Post Number: 2254
D3 cannot handle the power that a type-r can. yes the SQ of the d3 would be better, but powerwise the d6 and type-r are a better comparison. SQ of the diamonds would be better than the alpine but i still think that you can run more power to the type-r than a d3.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 952
D6 has an "over" sized 3" coil. I've got 1200 on each on each 12 they don't even get warm. The D3 has a 3" coil as well. The D3s are good for 600-800 rms. When I had my D3s they got roughly 600rms. In my personal opinion the diamonds will get louder off less power. I think the diamonds can go in a smaller enclosure too. I'm just more prone to diamond lol

Gold Member

TX

Post Number: 2255
didnt realize the coil size... if you are sending each d6 1200rms, then yeah they would be better.

knowing that the d3 can take the same amount of power, I would do the Diamonds...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us