Type r 10" ported box

Bronze Member
Username: Hunter77

West milford, Nj United states

Post Number: 34
Hey guys recently got a alpine type r 10 inch because of a new car and limited space. i just put it in a 1 cubic foot box for now to break it in, its sounds alright. but soon i want to put it in a nice big ported box.

i dont know how to use that winiSD program or anything but maybe someone can help me.

I was thinking like 1.75 cubic feet tunned to 27 hz?

is that too big, i just want to get the most out of this little guy.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1556
Too big and tuned too low.1.25 cubes and 32 Hz if you're looking for good low end.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
alpine recomends 1.3 cubes at 33hz. i was just wondering if i could get it louder by puttin it in a bigger box.

i have it hooked up to an aq 1200d at 4 ohms 510 watts, you think this little guy can handle 1200 watts at 1 ohm if i set the gains properly?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16972
is that the latest type r ?

i have used around that 1.75cuft with a 4" pvc pipe for the previous model type r tuned 33\34 hz & it sounded great ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
no its the old version 1022 with the nice pretty magnet so i can invert it. not the new shitty version.

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 107
The 'Sub-Chebyshev' and 'Quasi-butterworth' alignments in WinISD both call for ~1.65 cu.ft. tuned to ~24.5Hz for the the flattest response.

Ofcourse this low of tuning really isn't necessary in a car, so Id say 1.4-1.6 cu.ft with a 29-32 Hz tuning would be great. But designing a box of that size to be tuned low and not have high port velocity is tough.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
1.5 cubes with 4 inch aero it is. i was looking at an AQ Hdc3 10" and they recomend 1.5 cubes for their sub so if i want more power ill sell the alpine and change the aeroport.

thanks guys!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us