New music

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 338
My sister gave me like 1000 new songs. Appreciated, but I had to go through them all, and it took me hours.

Take a listen to these, they were the best.

Rap/RNB:

Nicki Minaj (whole CD is great and it straight bangs, lots of mids and lows, catchy stuff) - I'm the best, Romans Revenge (Eminem rips it SOOOOOOO GOOD), Dit It On Em, Fly, Moment 4 Life, Blazin, Here I Am, Dear Old Nicki (girly but bassy), Super Bass. I was real surprized of the quality, she's a nutty rapper to boot, just a better album than some others that went soft (like Kanye lol).

Kanye - All Of The Lights, Monster, So Appalled (I didn't like it as much, but it's got real low bass).

Usher - Echos (pretty sure it's old/from confessions?).

Punk/Funk:

HedPe - Takeover (It's like garage funk lol it's sick), no more secrets (renegade remix and the original - beat is taken from Biggy Smalls' Respect, but changed a bit), You Love The Show (great song), Forward Go! (not bassy, just another great one like Swan Dive or Bartender, more rock not punk/funk), Murder. Lots of funk and bass here, and Forward Go! is amazing.

Dubstep:

Chrispy - La Roux - Bulletproof
Chrispy - Bass Invaders
Chrispy - Rude Boy
Tiga - Beep Beep Beep (Crookers' remix)
Caspa & Rusko - Terminator
Rusko - Hold On

Ambient:

Fischerspooner - We Are Electric (Hot Chip Remix)/it packs a huge punch
(from the Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack/Chino Moreno of the Deftones as producer) - Team Sleep / The Passp

Techno:

Steve Aoki - I'm In The House
Tegan & Sarah - Aligator Tears (Passion Pit Remix)/maybe your gf will like it, I didn't.

Dance:

Kepi & Kat - Limelight (radio edit)/I couldn't get this out of my head, it's from Perfect Dark Zero
David Guetta - Sexy Bish feat Akon

Rockish:

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1553
I got the Asking Alexandria album over the weekend, pretty epic. I'm sure its not for everyone but if you're into metal, emo, screamo type music you may like it.. They mix in some trance/techno along with the metal, sounds pretty awesome on a system.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1554
Here's an example of epicness:

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 343
I would listen but I'm going strong 13+ years on a dial-up modem, I watch like half a Youtube vid a day haha.

I'm really digging Steve Aoki, and his Dim Mak record label. I make beats with Dub Turbo, so if anyone wants a couple bass-tester rap-beat loops!

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1120
SKD Epicness?

You kiddys wouldn't know what good lyrics, bangin drum solos and great riffs were if they slapped you in the mouth 1000 times... Pfff Please kiddo

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1121
Heres some epicness to get you started!

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1122
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm7bkVxBXdA

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1123

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1124

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1125

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1126

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1174
^^^^love it!

I beleive theres different levels of epicness tho

It doesnt matter how many times you hear it,old Necro is pure epicness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w-sNlapoas&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDFVxxiS9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGTUCs2PaMs

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 345
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man...

I've been playing drums since '92 (when I was 5), and I'm in a band.

... and you think we should consider other genres? I'm glad that I can stand the beatles, enjoy freaky techno, hard metal, rap, and some classical.

If you want to be a good musician, you have to listen to everything!

Username: Iliketerds3

Post Number: 5

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1128
I do listen to everything! Epic is a very strong meaningful word. Yea to each his own. I think epic, I think some of the best bands and music of all time proven and proven time and time again.

I could name some rap and others that were good evan close to epic but on a completely different scale.

Hell bro 2pac cant evan top jimmy pages status... Come on dude really. You call yourself a musician!

^no pun or w/e intended bro just figure ide stir the pot and maybe get a little healthy debate...

If I had some bud to puff on right about now Ide probably sum this entire reply to your comment by simply saying, well i probally wouldn't say sh.it cause ide be cooking up some ramen noodles.

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 105
Epicness is about taste IMO.

I can't see myself listening to Skynard or Zepplin for too long, Pantera maybe...

I do have some of that Dubstep and RnB you listed, some good stuff.

I mainly listen to metalcore though, and in that regard... SKD that Alex Alexandria album is pretty good

Oh and just though id mention, the last song you listed in the OP, "The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition" not really my style, but Pandora played it for me a few days ago and the kick drum sounds so nice and clean and crisp and pronounced, just wanted to mention thats a decent song to test SQ imo.

Gold Member

Atlantic City Baltim..., , NJ/MD

Post Number: 1146
Not epic just posting some music.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1147

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2244
the best songs to bump to are going to vary between vehicles...

for example: lots of people say that the Usher-Echo song hits so hard. I have plenty of songs that hit harder than that one because of my equipment and vehicle. Drakes "Over" SLAMS in my truck. Blurs my vision and moves every panel on that truck. Same with Jeezy's "Put On". it just depends.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 356
I made this rap beat/bass tester with Dub Turbo in like an hour. Let me know how it sounds on subs because I don't have any. It slams with my headphones, but I'm sure it would be a little different on a system. I tried to get highs, lows, and there's a looping part where it's constant rolling bass & kicks for like 10 seconds and it sounds sweet. This is just an unlooped sample, I'm on dial-up and can't upload much, it's like 400kb / 0:43 seconds. Betchya it pounds.

http://myspacefilehosting.com/lmxwt/444.wma.html

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5941
That Joey Jordison solo is a joke... everything he does is the easiest sh!t you can play on the drums. It is exactly like tapping on a guitar. Just a load of wankery. And the whole upside-down-drum-riser-trick has been done to death, and years ago by Tommy Lee and Travis Barker. Joey plays some very cool stuff with Slipknot, but that solo is all flash and no substance.

You want to see a great drummer? Check out this video by Jon Rice of Job For A Cowboy. This kid is insane:

Gold Member

Post Number: 1155
^Yea most defiantly ,guy is good

Joes a beast thoe not sure if that was the best vid but yep,

I coulda did better, was in a hurry, was trying to make a quick point.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5942
No worries, was fun to watch either way. Killer lights and staging. I just hate when the crowd goes crazy just because a drummer makes a bunch of noise, ya know? And then all the Slipknot fans voted, and named Joey the "Best Drummer in the past 25 Years" lately for some magazine called Rhythm from the UK, which is downright sickening. The comments below the article say pretty much exactly what I was thinking. A travesty at the least.

LINK

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3439
how the f*ck do people get such controlled bass blasts.. i mean i know he's using a trigger, but damn, lol.

time for me to buy a practice pad.

as for the music portion here, i've been listening to Animals as Leaders. truly awesome music.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 358
I burned my beats to a disc and it pounds on my HT, the sub even had a hard time picking up notes. Lots and lots of air movement, and uses lots of 20-100 Hz bass. My beats would destroy a car .

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 360
One fly ash beat that knocks:

http://myspacefilehosting.com/lmxxi/444wma.wma.html

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 365
I made this in about an hour, it's hard on the lows.

http://myspacefilehosting.com/lmxyu/guitarbeat.wma.html

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1193
Any beastie boy fans? This video is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evA-R9OS-Vo&feature=related
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us