Help with amp/sub/6x9

Unregistered guest
First off, is this a good idea,
I want to power my infinity kappa 6x9 with an amp because i read they sound so much better that way, if so what amperage/suggestions?
also I have a 12" pioneer laying around and would like to add that to this honda accord with a pioneer 25rms deck in a sealed box because i like sq better than spl so any help is appreciated. also i am kinda new at the amp and sub world so could glasswolf or somebody explain some of the terms like 2-4-8 ohm, channels and how they'd apply to my situation, thanks
oh ya and i'm on a tight budget, if that helps

Unregistered guest
Hey Johnson,

First off, you didnt state the model of the pioneer 12. And you have only one 6x9? or is it a pair? where are they located?
I can suggest an amp for each..
But im sure someone more experienced around here might know an amp line that has a channel or two for speakers, and one for sub, all in one. That would be ideal for your situation.

Think of Ohms as an aperture. If you have pressure going through a water hose, and you pinch the hose, it shoots out faster right? Thats like ohms. the bigger the ohm load, the less power you will have coming through.

popular loads are anywhere from 1-4. 3 is an oddball and ive read, kinda hard to calculate into everything. If you run your amp at 1ohm you will get the most power from it. 2-ohm will be a little less. Heres an example.

what is shown is an amp capable of 800 watts, and its a 4 channel amp. it can support two speakers up front, and two in the rear. a 2 channel amp can only support two speakers/or subs. and 1-channel amps are referred to as Monobass amps. or mono amps. they only throw power to one channel.

T8004:
50 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ohms
100 Watts x 4 @ 2 Ohms
200 Watts x 4 @ 1 Ohms

you see the larger the ohm load, the less power is provided to each of your 4 channels.

To learn about everything you need in the Car Audio realm, check this awesome resource out.
http://www.bcae1.com
Peace.

Big Johnson
Unregistered guest
thanks timberjon,
the sub is a PIONEER TS-W33C 12 Inch 450 Watt
and I wanted to power 2 693.5i infinity 6x9 speakers. I was thinking of only running the back speakers and sub of the amp. would those speakers be 4 ohm then. also what do you think about having a 150-200 watt amp for the 6x9's and a separate amp for the sub?
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us