Crown vic?

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2655
anyone ever own one? are they reliable? good for systems? can they get loud?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24603
Back in the day they used them as police cruisers in my area. Well built I assume with ample cabin space. Reliable? Again, if the police used them.................

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2656
ya thats what i was thinkin cause the sheriffs and state patrol here still use them. but can the sound good or does the big trunk space contain most of the sound?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5925
^^^^ Agreed (Paul). But more important, they are also used in many taxi fleets, including most of New York City's fleet, and NO cars get used and abused more than a taxi. Crown Victoria's are very simple cars, designed for nonstop use. Ford has discontinued them in 2011 because they fall under the "guzzler" classification, and sales for that type of car are declining, for obvious reasons. I have seen it said that the post 2003 models are even better than ever. Just make sure it wasn't actually used as a taxi or cop car.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11834
They are good reliable cars, tuffness and ease to maintain were good selling points for fleets.

Their main downfall is handling... they use an old leaf spring and soild axle rearend that while it is durable, makes em handle like a brick. Speed and acceleration was impressive years ago but not really in comparasion to todays cars.

To put it in perspective, Michigan state police did tests on new Dodge Chargers to replace their old fleet of crown vics. What they found is that the 3.5L V6 equipped charger is roughly equal to the V8 ford in acceleration, and handling is much much better. And the V8 Charger dusted anything they'd ever tested by far.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24605
Good point Brad. Make sure you track the cars' history. Cops/taxi drivers live in their cars and tend to not care at all about their vehicle.

Reminds me about an old cartoon I once saw about a car dealer trying to sell a used Indy 500 car. He said: "Hey, it only has 500 miles on it."

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11835
As far as a system goes, with any truck car like that you can always cut out some large holes in the rear deck to vent the sound into the cabin, and just re-carpet that piece to cover them. Works pretty well.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2657
ok thanks for all the info im just bored with the whole tuner thing so im just lookin into other options

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8616
again with his michigan test sh1t..

chargers su.cks d1ck.. their fast but not reliable like the old p71

get your facts str8t hom0

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2658
for real.....i havnt posted on this forum in years and its still the same b.s. where someone doesnt agree and acts like a kid...grow up...

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11836
Rob is the biggest dumbazz on this forum, get used to it...

Yeah chargers suck, that's why so many police depts are buying them now They are now the best selling police cars since the retirement of the crown vic.

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1115
Im not a dodge man when it comes to cars im a chevy guy... I do think the new dodges look a hell of a lot better than the new camaro... Especially the challenger. What were they thinking with the new camaro, looks like somebody kicked it in the azz and shoved the trunk into the cab.

The new corvette is just insanely quick and good looking all together... Hefty price tag tho, I would trade a wife and 3 girls im banging on the side for that beastly motherfu.cker. Yea buddY!

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1116
2010 2011 w/e same sh.it, beasten baby i luv this car

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1117

This car gives me chills! 56 beauty
Look at that azz! Damn

Gold Member

Post Number: 8619
buying them.. cuz they were the only option.. now their returning them..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24607
Oh man does that guy has a BEAUTIFUL collection in that garage!

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 339
I've got a 56 Belair sedan, and the trunk is huuuge.

The only reasons the law is using chargers is because they have ample room in the front & back (mostly the back where there has to be a wall), and they're fast enough. Are you guys forgetting the upgrades they do to them or did you think they kept them stock?

The Crown Victoria is so huge that unless you use up all of the space in the trunk you'll get limited performance in the cabin. It's a good car to wall, lots of space. They're as reliable as you treat them.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2659
ya if i gotta fill the trunk in order to get good performance in the cabin idk if thats gunna work ill just keep my eyes open and figure something out cause i was thinkin that or like a blazer or ext cab s10

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11841
Oh I'm well aware the police pkg charger is different than the civillian version.... on allpar forum they had a complete list of the the upgrades it has there's like 100 things... transmission cooler, column shifter, wiring for radio and light equipment, steel wheels, etc

Oh and the extended cab S10 would be your best bet for SPL... those used to give CRX's a run for their money in the lanes.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11842
" Im not a dodge man when it comes to cars im a chevy guy... I do think the new dodges look a hell of a lot better than the new camaro... Especially the challenger. What were they thinking with the new camaro, looks like somebody kicked it in the azz and shoved the trunk into the cab. "

100% agree with every word

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11843
IMO this looks badazz what you guys think

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5926
Lil Rob is right about Chrysler. They are making the worst, most unreliable cars in the world, and have been for over a decade. Check any "Worst cars of 20xx" list. They have also completely ruined Jeep's reputation for quality. The exterior designs are very good for the most part, but the quality fails on all levels where it counts. Why do you think their prices are so low? A comparable car/truck from Chrysler is thousands less than from GMC or Ford.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3627
I don't even want to start on what Chrysler did to the Jeep name. It makes me cry at night

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11844
I don't put one cent worth of stock in any of those "consumer reports" type studies. They test the car for what a month max, and think they know how it's going to do in the long run? lol.

In any case, I got my Charger to be my daily car that I don't have to work on. I can, just don't have the time. It's got bumper-to-bumper warranty thru chrysler until 2015 or 80k, at which time I will looking for another car.

Think about this, if someone had told you back in 1994 that a 94 S10 Blazer (cheaper SUV) would still be on the road 17 years later and over 210k miles with it factory powertrain, would you have believed it? Not if you read consumer reports.... well guess what it was right up until I traded it in Feb.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 563
cheaper cars are bought by poor, wreckless, people with no strenuous job. they are trashy, and rag their rides harder and are less educated on how to fix things and how to properly prevent damage to their cars. Sampling error=unreliable results

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 342
I disagree, getting a little subjective Slackin?

If I won the lotto tomorrow I'd keep my poor-mans Alero, and I'm not wreckless; I've never spun or squeeled the tires, I was working in a slaughter-plant gutting and skinning cow legs, tell me that isn't strenuous; I lost 100lbs in the first 6 months. Car failures in 4 years - one - engine over-heated because the rad ran out of water. What do I know about fixing it? Nothing. How much money do I have? Zip, notta.

You couldn't possibly prevent damage to a vehicle because you're damaging it in small ways everytime you start the engine.

X3 on the Chargers having too small a looking trunk. Less power than the old models, heavy, what gives?

That cop car is segksie. They need to have a long wheel-base for high-speed stability/maneuverability.

If someone asked me, 20 years ago if I believed that whatever vehicle would be on the road 20 years later, I'd have believed them, mostly because I too posess a time-machine.

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1119
slackin mack(quote)cheaper cars are bought by poor, wreckless, people with no strenuous job. they are trashy, and rag their rides harder and are less educated on how to fix things and how to properly prevent damage to their cars. Sampling error=unreliable results

Really dude? That made as much sense as trying to nail jello to a tree!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8620
m.s was a chevy fan.. u would never kick him off gm.. he hated dodge.. but since he now owns a charger.. he switched to dodge..

fanboys.. you cant beat them.. u just cant..

like i said before.. dodge chargers look good.. and thats it..
they came out with police chargers but they were just regular chargers at discount prices with a good engine and no options..

alot of police states are selling their chargers and switching back to the old crown victorias p71

because.. the stiff chassis makes it sweet for police manuevers.. they can make a pick up truck roll over at 80mph without breaking a sweat..

p71 have built in reinforced chassis and upgraded suspension..
also external oil cooler and engine tunning for those high idle times.. and hot days.. wich the chargers dont have..

in chicago there isnt any charger.. i went to all around illinois state i barely see police chargers.. they sold them.. they are selling so low.. and here in illinois.. specially chicago an suv is taking the charger.. the tahoe is now the police vehicle..

chargers are just good looking thats it...

fanboys... you will never make them see the light

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1127
I would take a used like new low milage mint crown vic with the interceptor package over a brand new, off the lott charger any day of the week.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11846
holy shite, can rob write even one line that ain't wrong?

I will always be a Chevy fan, I still own a chevy... the t-shirt i'm wearing says chevrolet... lol. Dodge's new lineup has made me split my alliances tho haha.

Now, lets set the record straight here:

" X3 on the Chargers having too small a looking trunk. "

That's an optical illusion... it's huge... you'll get to see when I do a system install

" They need to have a long wheel-base for high-speed stability/maneuverability. "

Wheelbase is the same as the civilian version, and same as all cars built on the LX platform.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 344
Are they narrower? Another optical illusion, they look narrow and long.

I was saying the Chargers trunk looks small, as like the other person said "it's like the trunk was shoved into the cabin". I know they're massive inside.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11849
Same width, all the dimensions are the same as they are the same platform. A bit wider than most midsize cars, technically they are in the full size category.

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1129
Was actually refering to the new camaro.

Upload

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11850
Yea they really failed with that. They tried to make it look classic and futuristic at the same time and it just came out fugly.... Dodge did it right with the Challenger, based completely on classic styling.

The new Mustangs look good also but they're just a bit small of a car for my taste.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 564
I like turtles

Gold Member

Atlantic City , , NJ

Post Number: 1130
Turtle soup

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 565
I caught a loggerhead turtle on a tight line, shot it, cooked it, and ate it in some soup. MMMMMMMM good

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5934
^^^^ Wow, you really are a hicktard aren't you? The Loggerhead is an endangered species. Way to go, Cletus.

Gold Member

Atlantic City Baltim..., , NJ/MD

Post Number: 1145
^^^^I actually got a good laugh there, thank you.

Any way It's just a turtle.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 573
is that a factual statement brad? cuz they crawl around all over the place down here. they even nip at my ankles when I'm in the outhouse. so annoying

Gold Member

Atlantic City Baltim..., , NJ/MD

Post Number: 1157
Thats pretty cool man... Turtle soup all day...

Fu.ck peta the ozone and endangered species...

Eat whales, burn tires, and drive cars with big azz engines

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 584
Hahahaha I pizzed on a blue-footed boobie. WhatevertheFUCK that is. I do what I can for the environment....gotta make up for that V10 under the hood!

Silver Member
Username: Nevertoomuchbass

2 Fi Q 12s, Mmats 3000.1

Post Number: 260
i got a uhh....78 volare. i think ive got about 90 horsepower haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us