Dealer cost car audio .com

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11813
Looks like we have yet another scam site to watch out for....

From what I can gather from my super internet detective skillz, this site appears to by run by the same guys behind indoaudio / american audio / whatever name they go by these days on ebay. "indoaudio" should ring a bell for anyone who's not a noob around here.

Looking around other forums, there's about as many complaints about this site as there are about indo... and that's sayin something. They also have a BBB rating of F lol.

I came across this while looking up parts for a new build, just thought I'd help make it known.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Post Number: 3384
I have heard about that site before,bad things. Its not like their prices are that great anyways so why would anyone buy anything from them? I actually remember just a few months ago I was browsing that site and it said they had some JBL BPX500.1s and JBL PX600.2 amps in stock and the prices they had listed for them were actually not bad and I was thinking about getting a PX600.2 from them but then I read terrible things about the site online so I backed off real quick. Now its saying those amps are discontinued. I dunno I wouldnt even try to buy anything from them.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17025
I bought from this site like 3 different times....it couldnt have went smoother....got some steal deals too

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 102
I attempted to purchase a set of DLS components from dealercostcaraudio.com about 8 months ago. They accepted my payment the day of the purchase yet didn't send any sort of confirmation by email. I attempted to contact them on several occasions with no responses. One week later I finally asked for a refund and they responded by telling me the components were on back order but I can go ahead with the refund if I want (this response was in broken english btw). So when I emailed them back saying I wanted the refund, I never heard from them again.

I had ordered my entire setup (sub/amp/speakers/wiring) from different websites (knukonceptz/crutchfuild/sonicelectronix/woofersetc) and at the point that everything came in the mail and I still had not heard from dealercostcaraudio, I got my bank involved. Thankfully Bank of America was able to get my money back after about 3 months. I ended up buying a set of Rainbow SLC NG components from woofersetc.

All in all, dealercostcaraudio = scamcity.

@ sean
are you sure you aren't thinking http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/? If not then you are some kind of lucky.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17027
no im 100% certain it was dealer cost audio....im glad i was lucky 3 times haha

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5924
LOL. I just went to their site and clicked on the Authorized dot net seal, which is a legit site and is prominently displayed at the bottom of the dealercost page (and note they have no BBB seal, without question because of what MS said above) and this is a screencap of what popped up:

Upload

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11817
lulz I got that also

BBB rating: F
Trustlink rating: 1 star

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Click here for details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered this business's rating include:
Length of time business has been operating
1336 complaint(s) filed against business
Failure to respond to 451 complaint(s) filed against business
149 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
72 serious complaint(s) filed against business
Overall complaint history with BBB

Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company's reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law's licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company's industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

These guys look like some real winners.... Heres their contact info, I haven't been able to verify if it's legit

Robert Jones - Manager
3337 South Bristol Street Suite 211
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Tel: (949) 794-5000
Fax: (949) 797-9163

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 17
They have some really good prices

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 749
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dealer_Cost_Car_Audio
4.31/10 stars based on 422 reviews. I read some, seems like it's hit or miss. I'm going to be starting my own website soon for car audio, I'll let y'all know when.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17037
sounds good ill be looking forward to hearing about it

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SSAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 924
There are topics exactly like this on a number of forums dealing with that site.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11819
Yea I know was finding them all.

They have the subs I'm getting for an $80 savings over the next cheapest place; guess the old saying rings true: what sounds too good to be true......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us