Best 10s for a small enclosure?

Username: Gmcsubbin

California

Post Number: 1
What would be the best 2 10' subs that you can put in a small enclosure? I have a us amps 1500 Rms amp to push them. I was thinking cvxs but I wanna hear some other ideas.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 546
cvx s are pretty beast, but way overpriced. there are better options for your money

What vehicle do you have? are you set on sealed?? you might could go ported. What kind of music do you listen to most often?

California

Post Number: 2
I have a crew cab gmc Sierra. I've tried comps, cvts, even 1 l7 8' ported.. The cvts hit but hit the back of the seat and the l7 hit but not loud. I wanna make a center console box. I wanna go ported cuz my l7 ported sounded louder than the 2 10 cvts sealed. In between the two front seats. I listen to rap.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 550
1 12" ported would be nice there.

Comps are garbage.
CVTs are good for shallow, but that's it.
L7s are beast, but yea the 8" would not be expected to be a ground-pounder.

I personally like the L7s a lot, and they are loud and strong, but everyone elso on here bashes me for it. I will let the more experienced recommend subs to you.

I can tell you that you will be better off going 1 12" ported than with any 10s, especially sealed.

California

Post Number: 3
Yea I also like the l7. As you can tell of my old Subs I'm a kicker guy. But I wanna maybe get some other input. I was looking as w6s too

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11811
Take a step back here and figure out if you want this system to be loud, sound great, or a compromise of both. You're all over the place here with the subs you're looking at...
W6s sound great at the expense of some output, L7s are loud but sound like crap.

Exactly what box do you have and what size is it? Then I can recommend subs.

California

Post Number: 4
at first i wanted sq. Thats what i got from my 8' l7 in a ported box. But i like loud bass! not shitty bass either. I want to put the box in between the driver and p. assenger seat. I can probably fit a 2.5 cubic foot box in there

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2225
your L7 8 was farrrrr from sq... 2.5 cubes looks like a single 12" would be perfect.

1500rms?? whats the actual amp that you have?

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 551
do you want the top of the box level with the top of the seats?

u have 4 doors right? do you not want to use any of your backseat?

My 2 cents say.......if you go through all that trouble, at least get a 12" cuz you will want it later after the 10 starts to sound weak. Ur gonna hafta up that space though, more like 3-3.5 cubes. If you want a custom box, downfire, console, whatever, you could go to dldesignz.com and he will hook you up right.

12" Fi Q tuned to 32

California

Post Number: 5
It's an older us amps Merlin md2d mono block

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 552
ok that link doesn't work, but you get the idea

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 923
SI BM MKIII's if you can find em, they are coming out with the MKIV in the next few months. Shallow mount, small enclosure and supposed to be good output?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 2228
1500 rms, single 12" look at this thread https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/674987.html

has plenty of recommended options to choose from. Denim provides i believe 4-6 subs within the power range your amp can put out. However, word of advice, just because you have 1500rms, doesnt mean you should use all of it. It's always nice to have a little head room. Fi Q is rated at 1000rms, SoundSplinter RL-P is rated around 6-700rms, SSA Icon is rated at 1000rms. The point is that being able to push the subwoofer to the llimits with a CLEAN signal from your amp is always a good thing.

Think of it as if your goal was to purchase a car that goes 80mph. you have a Ford Pinto and a Ferrari. You drive the Pinto to 80mph, that cars' engine is roaring and pushing hard as hell to maintain that speed and getting very hot. However, you take the Ferrari going 80mph. That engine is barely working, staying cool, operating easily. The Ferrari has the headroom and going to maintain that speed without a problem. Headroom is ALWAYS nice. Moral of the story, Purchase a subwoofer that you amp will have NO PROBLEM pushing. I would stick around 1200rms. You'll never have to worry about that amp getting hot and goiing into protect.

Just My 2 Cents

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4900
Sundown Audio SA-10's

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Post Number: 3386
If you are set on 10s for a small sealed enclosure then I would do these

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-656&FTR=

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 12
Get a couple of Kicker CVX's they work great in small enclousures and 1500rms would be perfect on a pair

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 556
X2

12s

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1166
canaan/slackinmack are you agreeing with your own posts?

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 557
u Wish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us