Who repairs amps?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Post Number: 3322
ANyone know where to get amps repaired? My Clarion crapped out on me a few days ago. Im not sure what happened or why it happened but one of the channels just stopped working. It has been working fine for 3-4 years and all the sudden the left channel just quit. Good thing it happened while I still had it though,I was trying to sell it and I wouldnt want to sell an amp that would of messed up right after I sell it. I contacted dbr and they said they dont normally work on Clarion and I dont know of any other places online. So anyone have any reccomendations?

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 502
Has that clarion been a good amp for you???
I would recommend trashing it and getting a better one.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16877
I have a 1000 watt tsunami amp in the same boat im afraid to spend to get it fixed

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1967
ask db-r

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16878
its best to find someone local then you dont have shipping costs

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12087
"ask db-r"

"I contacted dbr and they said they dont normally work on Clarion"

Can I get "Not Reading the Thread" for $200, Alex?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5901
You need to find someone that will take a look at it and figure out what is wrong, without charging you. That won't be easy. A lot of these guys charge between $40-100 just to check it out, and you can't blame them because that is time they could be spending on a paid job. Then parts and labor are at least another $80+, unless you get lucky and he finds it is just one little cheap part that you need, and he is honest enough to tell you that. So you have to determine if it is worth fixing or not.

3-4 years semi-daily for a Clarion amp, sounds about right. They use tiny capacitors, cheap resistors and low quality switching power supplies. So, it is literally a matter of time until something pops.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1968
i read half of it, was trying to watch star gate.... my bad.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16879
Can I get "Not Reading the Thread" for $200, Alex?

lol

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 503
star gate

lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3325
Yea I kinda figured it wouldnt even be worth fixing. It will probably cost the same to repair it as it would to just buy a new one. Well it had a good run and was good to me while it lasted. I knew Clarion wasnt top of the line or anything but it did rated power and sounded just fine. Looks like I have a very fancy paper weight now

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 317
X2 I have a Visonik V900XD that I'm not sure if I should get rid of. I must have hooked it up wrong or maybe it had very low voltage because it started smoking like all hell inside my car. I didn't know what to do, I paniced and turned myself around and starting kicking it to get the wires off lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2740
I'm trying to get an American Pro amp fixed. It's old school 500rms x 2 class AB. I can either get a Soundigital 1000.4, or use this to power my front stage. Even if it's $100 to get this amp fixed I already have it and would like to keep it since it really is a decent amp.

Same boat though, can't find a place to repair it, there's no where local.

I like stargate.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5451
Theres a place out near me. They work on most brands. Looks like they are a clairian authorized repair shop too.
http://www.topselectronics.com/services.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 3341
Thanks Marc but I think it will cost too much to repair it. I could probably find a brand new one just like the one I have for the same price to get this one repaired. If someone wants it Ill sell it for $50 shipped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us