Pac soem-t

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1142
Im pretty much giving up on trying to install an aftermarket hu in my car. Looks to be to much of a hassle. So im going to try this loc out.
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=175&CategoryID=28

Whats the best way to install this? It looks easy to hook up,but where should i hook it up at? I was thinking of mounting it somewhere behind the stock radio and just running the rca to the back just like a after market hu. Anybody have any suggestions? Also, what would you suggest i hook the remote wire up to? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 298
Go to a shop, buy a harness and have them pucker with it? I'll never mess with a HU & dash again I know that much!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8477
That Pac SOEM-T has a signal sensing remote turn on built in.

Depending on the vehicle (given that it has a non-amplified stock HU) pull the stock HU and connect the SOEM-T to the stock rear speaker ouputs. Also, connect the LOC's cont. 12v+ input and ground behind the stock HU.

That LOC has a signal sensing remote 12v+ ouput. Connect the amp's RCA and Rem to the LOC. This Loc will give you an automatic 12v+ rem turn on when it sees a speaker level signal from the stock HU. That will turn your amp on.

LOC's like this one allow you to be less invasive to stock electrical systems. If you didn't have a LOC w/ built-in rem...you would need to tap, fuse, and hook a relay, to vehicle's BCM or other location to allow for Remote turn-on for the amp.

For info on your vehicle's wiring, check out the12volt.com for wiring code at your stock HU harness.
If you have any other questions, just post them here, I'm sure any of the E-regulars will be more than happy to help you further.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 458
the remote could come from your yellow acc wire so when you turn the car on, it will turn the hu and amp on. Keep in mind this is how I would do it, so.....yea......

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1145
Ok,so how would i hook up the speaker outputs? Do i hook it up to both pos and neg of the right an left speaker outputs,or would i kind of just bridge to just one side? Hooking both neg and pos to one side? And does it matter if i hook it to the front or the rear speakers?

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1146
Also, does anybody know how i could get an aftermarket hu in this car without to much trouble? Its a 06 nissan murano s,ive looked an looked an then looked some more and i cant seem to find an easy way of getting one in there. What i would really like to do is just take it somewhere an have them do something with it,but i dont trust any of theses shops around here. Thoughts? Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16800
id definately have someone do it for you call around to some shops that a farther away and see if you can get them to give you details that they have done one in your type of vehicle before and if the price is right get them to do it

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 460
X2 but the rear speaker should recieve power from the rear speaker output and vice versa in order to get that "movement" of sound. (like if a jet was flying overhead from your left to your right. Or from front to rear.) Otherwise, it will just be noise. As far as the bridging goes, I don't see why you would do it any other way than neg to neg, pos to pos of the corresponding speaker.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1147
At some point i will eventually find someone to do something custom in there for me,but i cant wait. I need bass in there right now.

So im just hooking this up to the pos/neg of both right an left speaker outputs? Also,if someone could hook me up with my car wiring info it would be appreciated. I checked the 12volt,but there was nothing on there for my car. or if anybody knows somewhere else i could look for it at? (06 Nissan Murano S 3.5l) Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8480
LR Speaker (+) ORANGE
LR Speaker (-) BLACK/PINK
RR Speaker (+) BLUE
RR Speaker (-) BLACK/WHITE
Accesory PINK/BLACK (+)
All these are at the HU harness.

Thats for your vehicle if it doesn't have the Bose system.

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1150
Thanks canaan,very much appreciated.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16850
I love the name of this thing...pack some tea haha

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 484
maybe its pass some tee

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16866
only if it was in another language

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1151
Im going to take a stab at this tomorrow. I hope it will sound ok,i never used one of these before. I'll be sure to post some vids when i get it all done.

Btw,its going to be a 15'' Q in a 4cuft box tuned to 32hz on a ed nine.1

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1155
Well i finally got this thing installed. It was quite a pain in the azz. I gotta say tho,it sounds way better than i expected to. I havent really had a chance to fine tune everything,but when i get a chance I'll post a vid. The next thing i have to get is a battery for under the hood. Ive heard good things about the sears platinum batterys. Is there a specific one that someone would recomend?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16996
just get the biggest platinum that will fit under your hood in the factory tray

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1161
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S622LXvQJNI

I oringinally had this Q in my neon,but i decided to put it in my other car and put the epics i had in the neon. Anyways,quite a huge difference in sound from the trunk car to this one. Its ALOT louder and cleaner sounding even with just a loc. At some point though,i would like to find someone to put an aftermarket hu in there that wont f uck my chit up. The shops around here are just idiots so that might be pretty difficult.

(sorry about the vid,my camera sucks)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us