Subwoofer Enclosure Help

Bronze Member
Username: Caset9082

Post Number: 11
Hello all, I've built a box for my two kicker 10's and i'm painting it. So far i tried to put some primer directly onto the mdf and it just sucked it right up. As of now the box has 2 coats of KILZ odorless oil-base primer. I'm thinking that i'll sand that down and put like 2 or 3 coats of a dark sandable primer on top of that and then put a couple of dark green base coats to match my truck. I found some rattle cans that are pretty close to identical to my truck paint from advance auto. After that i want to clear coat the paint to make it look nice and glossy. Does this sound like a good plan? And could i find some spray-on clear coat in a rattle can anywhere? Any help is appreciated!!!

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 286
Resin the inside and outside instead of using primer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
any other suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 308
Other than sanding the resined parts down, no, because you didn't ask of much else and there isn't much to painting, I mean, hold the stick right and use newspapers to keep your shoes clean? Get the resin smoothed out. It will stop air leaks and strengthen it, primer won't.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 462
you could just put high-gloss on top of the resin and primer instead of worrying with clear coat. get the expensive rattle can , not the cheap stuff

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16838
some good ideas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
think i could use a super tight roller to get a smooth coat of paint if i can find a gallon or quart of the color i want?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us