Holy shitballs!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3311
Not sure how old this news is but I just seen this and my jaw dropped

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=102&idproduct= 654

A goddamn 34" subwoofer that weighs almost 230lbs,has a 5" VC,and handles 10,000 watts! Are they for real with this thing? Is this gonna be another Jackhammer? I never hear much about Cadence,although I remember a few years back people said their component set sold on their outlet store was pretty decent for the money and that their Daytona amps were pretty good. Other than that I never hear about anyone running any of their equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 449
it looks cheap, cloth surround, motor is only 31 lbs!! on a 227 lb woofer! sensitivity 91 db...... Why don't they show us the basket or the motor? Aggravating.

Has anyone ever heard or seen a jackhammer?? Ever had any experience with them or heard from someone who did??

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 450

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2726
It's been around a while. From what I can tell it's basically a rebadged audiobahn.

Check out the magnet weight, as well as a few other specs:
34" Cadence -- 5,000 rms ---- 500oz magnet --- total weight 3,630oz
18" DC Lvl 5 -- 2,000 rms --- 1,170oz magnet -- total weight 1,280oz
18" T3 TSNS -- 5,000 rms --- 1,200oz magnet -- total weight 1,440oz

I'm sure it's a show piece, and great advertising at shows. I'd love to see someone do something with one for the wow factor, but for actual competition I'd be willing to bet you'd have better luck with 1 or 2 decent 18s. From the few people who have used this sub they say it seems to do better with 2500w actual power otherwise it starts heating up.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 452

sounds like shitballs.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2727
It would be interesting to see one of these in a good enclosure. That wall is IB, flexing like hell, and not even sealed off. I'd like to actually see one in a 20-30ft ported enclosure that's well built. All you hear is mechanical noise from the thing, like the guys are talking over it. Nothing's really flexing other than the wall.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 290
It only has 904" of cone area, the same as 8 12's. 8 12's at 625 RMS each would for sure be way better. That thing probably moves all of 1mm anyways. It needs that motorforce to move that much too. It's obviously a statement, and way over-priced. Useless, really.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us