Alpne cda-105 or kenwood kdc-x494

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 454
Ive been searching around for a new headunit for while now. I've narrowed it down to either an alpine cda 105 or kenwood kdc-x494. I've had alpine before and never had any issues. Never owned a kenwood hu before and the only complaints I'm seeing are that they are complicated. And only difference I'm seeing between the two is preamp voltage and where the usb is. Which one would you guys recommend and why? Open to other suggestions, except pioneer(bad experiences) and I'd like to keep it around $150.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 455
the kenwood kdc x794 doesnt look like a bad option either

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1072
I would stick with alpine there to reliable but at the same time im not knocking kenwood

Do you want 4 quarters or a 1 $ bill?

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 456
yea ive had an alpine before, never gave me any issues. the kenwoods are a little cheaper but if thats their only plus over the alpine then ill pass on them.

and ill take the dollar bill i guess

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16692
if you want a clean unit and good output voltage the eclipse units are top notch....i have the cd 5000 but no usb

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 67
I have a CDA-105 and I haven't had any issues with it. The USB control is easy to use, but if you plug in an IPod you are unable to control everything from the IPod itself. You have to use the controls on the H/U. I guess that may be a shortcoming for some people but I don't mind. I guess other than it only has 2V preamp outputs it is a great unit. I have it paired with an Alpine PDX-5 and it works great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us