New car for graduation

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3859
What's up guys? Haven't really been on in awhile... been pretty busy.

Long story short I'm getting a new car for graduation this May. I really want an SUV, but I wouldn't be opposed to a large 4 door sedan. Right now I'm looking into '09-'10 Range Rover/RR Sports, '09-'10 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, new Navigator, or new Tahoe. The sedans I'm looking at are '09-'10 CLS550 Benz, New E550 Benz, or New BMW 550i.

We get Ford and MB family discounts so seems like the logical route to go unless something else really sticks out.

All opinions are welcome and I plan on doing a little system, nothing crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3307
Lexus IS350? My dad works for Toyota and he gets mass discounts so he leased one a few years ago. He let me borrow it and OMG that thing is slick! Its fast as hell and it is very nice inside and out. It looks like its going 100mph parked. Or even better the Lexus ISF. Ive never driven any other car even remotly close to luxury or as fast as that IS350 and I fell in love with Lexus after that. iirc it comes stock with 306hp,thats pretty fast considering how small it is. My pops was like the 3rd person in the US to order one,he got on the computer at Toyota and customized it himself,he said he even added some HP by tuning the computer or something. Even though he was 3rd to oreder one he had to wait to get his until the customers got theirs. I guess thats a company policy or something. Anyways thats my vote! A couple pics

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3860
I want something bigger than that Twiz, it is a very clean car though. I really like the body on the 2 door.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3308
Oh I didnt even see that you said you wanted a SUV lol.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3861
Haha no big deal man. The IS is like the exact same size as my car now.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11752
rich kids...

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1586
MS didnt you just post a thread about that redneck 09 charger you just bought? stfu

Jake range rovers have rediculous upkeep. oil changes, tires, etc are all very expensive.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11753
" MS didnt you just post a thread about that redneck 09 charger you just bought? stfu "

Keywords highlighted.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3862
Yeah Phil I've heard that. Tires cant be as bad as on my Benz right now... I go through like a set a year. Then again I drive like an idiot every once and awhile.

Thanks for the attitude MS, if you have anything helpful to say... please let me know.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24452
I have to admit, the front end of this car looks like it could chew iron, the back end however looks like it took it up the rear. I also don't care for the rims. Just my $.02.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 131
new caddy CTS-V

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3407
if i were looking into something in that range i would probably end up with an new A6 or a prior year S6. personally i'm more in the a3/4 area, lol.

the Benz has too much of that 'i'm retired in Florida' going on. gorgeous cars but i've never put them at the top of my want list. the 550i lacks the looks. also gorgeous cars but they aren't up to snuff against Audi's IMO.

if would make sense to get something you can apply a nice discount to, but i would despise ending up with my second choice, then seeing my number one driving around.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8576
audi... no doubt get one audi a8 with bang and olufsen stock system.. there will be no need to upgrade system.. since u cant not get any better than that... u can buy a preowned 08

they have alot more features than the benz with same reability..and quality..

M.S i always told you.. your a fu.cking TOOL. fu.cktard

http://www.hitechreview.com/audio/new-audi-a8-with-the-second-generation-bang-ol ufsen-advanced-sound-system/20179/

u cant get any better than that..

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1587
MS does telling everyone on the interwebz that you bought your own car make you feel better?
its none of your fucking business where the money for the car comes from nor is it the subject of this thread.

An audi doesn't sound bad either, but after that i think the bmw 550i gets my vote. Im with eric on the MBs, while they are very classy looking cars i just can't seem to get the idea of an old couple stepping out of one in a denny's parking lot. lolz

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 440
Ok I know what you should get. You can stop looking now.

5.0 L V10 S85 engine and SMG III 7 speed automated manual gearbox and produces 514 hp 380 lb·ft of tourque. It redlines at 8,250 rpm.

0-60 mph: 4.1 s and has an electronically limited top speed of 155 miles per hour. With the limiter removed, the top speed can reach 205 miles per hour.

The M6 has the same 'power button' as the M5 which modifies the throttle response. From ignition, the car delivers 399 bhp, but engaging the button allows the full 514. It weighs 3,770 lb thanks to a carbon fibre reinforced plastic roof panel as well as thermoplastic front wings, aluminum doors and hood and compound trunk lid.

The carbon fiber and other light materials are used in places like the bumpers and roof that are far from the centre of gravity and/or high up, so that they not only reduce the overall weight but improve the handling by reducing the moment of inertia and lowering the center of mass height.

It was offered as both a coupe and a cabriolet. Both the M6 and M5 coupe and convertible can be visually distinguished from the non-M models by their deeper front valance with air intakes, more contoured side sills, aerodynamic side view mirrors, an additional rear valance with diffuser and the absence of front fog lights.

In the 2010 model year, the M6 was the second-most expensive BMW sold in the U.S. after the 760Li ($137,000), with an MSRP of $108,150 for the convertible and $102,350 for the coupe. In the U.S. the M6 had one of the largest residual value drops at 19%, as it had little if any changes since its 2006 introduction.

The BMW X6M has a 4.4 liter, 555hp, 500 lb-ft v8. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds.

You can look up pics yourself. It aggravating as all hell to try and upload here when ur pic is too big.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3863
Yeah one of my boys has an M5, I'm not looking at getting a 2 door M6. If your big into the M6's look at the mods G-power makes for them. Their Hurricane M6 is insane.

I like the A8, I'll look into them this weekend. Im pretty sure there is an Audi dealership like 10 minutes from my house.

I'm also thinking about trading my C55 in for the new C63, but I really want something with more room.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmef

Post Number: 61
m.s. is a hater

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 283
I think you should buy a 1970 Ford Pinto and go F yourself -_-.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11756
" MS does telling everyone on the interwebz that you bought your own car make you feel better? "

Well, since you ask, yeah buying your own stuff is a good feeling. Much like, for example, installing your own stereo system or building something custom.

I know full well the OP doesn't care about any comments I make here. It's that rich kids have always just bugged me... I remember in high school / college they were always "that crowd" of ppl who had super rich parents who bought them expensive fancy cars, and then you'd a lot of them beating on the cars and shite b/c they didn't care... they didn't buy it... No coincidence that everyone else saw these guys as douches. Now I'm well aware that's a stereotype. But as they say, stereotypes exist for a reason...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8577
It's that rich kids have always just bugged me..

haha you fu.cking jelous.. you fu.cking piece of sh1t..

i dont have the money to buy abrand new audio a8 or any +70k dollar key automobile..

but if a guy can.. go for it i dont mind.. and doesnt bug me.. unless he rubs it in my face thats.. where it gets complicated.. but if hes not why is gonna bug me??? oh wait only if im a hater... a jelous person..

and when you said that crowd.. doesnt mean EVERYBODY you stupid imbecile...

go find a bigger d1ck to su.ck and STFU you piece of sh1t

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
"porkchops" = REAL MOTHA FUKKKA

"m.s." = hater

gotta hand it to rambo he did what real dudes best...kept it real

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5888
I agree with Lil Rob about Audi -- they are making some of the best cars in the world right now. General Motors, who have had interior quality issues for decades, called Audi "the world leader in quality and fit and finish" and said that they would "love to be at that level someday". I am not sure if you like the look/style, but the Audi A7 is probably the best SUV out there right now.

And I agree with what MS said to a point, there are a lot of spoiled punks out there (trust me, where I live I see them every day) but Jake isn't one of them. He is a good guy who appreciates what he gets, and he built one of the cleanest installs I have ever seen on E.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24455
Agreed. Jake takes his time and his efforts are always well paid off. He certainly doesn't belong in a "stereotype" at all, he's just fortunate and I'm certain appreciative as well. I've never seen him show off or brag about anything, only offer his work here as a contributing/well respected member. I'm sure M.S. didn't mean to imply or stereotype Jake as a typical "rich kid", even though he worded as such.

There are three types of ppl in this world. Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. I don't have to convince anyone here where we feel members like Jake, Troy, Canaan and many others belong in that crowd.

And as far as "rich kids"? I've grown up and worked along side them. Felt sorry for them more so than jealous. Everything handed to them or done for them, nothing learned hands on. Last company I worked for consisted of almost an entire family. Father owned the business and employed all his children, carefully protected under his umbrella. The few of us who weren't related burdened the entire workload as they came and went as they pleased, tossed football in the parking lot or shopped online all day. Did I take it personal? Why? It was his money and his kids. I simply chose to leave. Ironically, now that the recession hit and he had to lay off all his non related staff, his business is in the hands of his kids, who aren't prepared or knowledgeable enough.

Funny how some things work out huh lol?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 967
Audi

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3408
Jake, if you end up with an A8 i just may jump on the h8er bandwagon. that car is a superb piece of engineering. i would probably live in it.

oh, and i've seen some work from G-Power, too. sex with wheels comes to mind. mostly anything Hamann as well.

Upload

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11758
Man just two words touched a nerve in this thread... lol

To be clear, I don't know the OP and wasn't thinking of him in particular... rather what comes to mind when I hear about someone in general looking at $70k+ cars for graduation.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1129
I say go for the suv for sure. How bout the Infinity QX?

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1069
Someones honestly asking for opinions on what car they should get for graduation?

If i was your parent your azz would be getting a job shovelling dog sh.it so you could pay me back for the used rusty azz truck I bought you for $500. Only after you got your foot threw the door and understood how things opperate in the real world workforce . Then maybe i might consider buying you one of those overpriced wastes of bullsh.it you think are cars.

Your parents should be fu.cking kicked in the teeth for being so gdam retarded. But thats just me ,im an oldschool a.sshole like that and im not your father,My opinion doesnt mean a damn thing to you i know this. So more power to ya bro

Go Navigator you can fit more fat chicks

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 419
I don't see why people are all in his case for.... Its not his fault your parents were useless pieces of sh!t who didn't finish high school and now collect welfare. If your parents would of worked harder maybe they could of afford to buy you and nice car too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8578
brad i think you mean q7

audi... bmw or benz cant touch it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1076
zoom the whole point went right over your head. Thank you for proving my concepts. Regardless of rich or poor, most of today's kids have no grasp on wtf reality is and live in a americanized bs dreamworld false sense of reality because theres no work ethic or discipline enforced in there upbringing. Then run around and give handout after handout all while kissing there spoiled bratty azz kids azzes all there life and buy them all this extra bs thats not necessary all so the majority of them will grow up to be nobodys any gdamn way. Dont beleave me , look it up chief its in record numbers more now than ever all threw out the country.

Like all the dumbazz retarded parents that buy there kids mcdonalds all the time then wonder why there kids are fat as sh.it and trying to sue mcdonalds because of there own gdamn stupidity.lmao

This world is so fu.cked up its pathetic, people seem to think more is always better, somewere along the lines this new generation has lost common fu.ckin sense. Thats the point dumbfu.ck, not poor kids on welfare or rich kids for that matter,but hey whatta you know your prolly still shootin blanks huh?

Take it easy kiddo

Gold Member

Post Number: 1077
Also my comment wasnt necessarily directed at jake or his parents for that matter because, I dont personally know the guy nor his upbringing it was directed at parents in general. It would be ignorant to interpret that. Some people just dont appreciate a little tasteless humor to back up a bigger concept. So honestly think outside the box and dont take offense cause none was ever intended

Gold Member

Post Number: 8580
u people have no life...

just leave jake alone.. and comment on what car he should get...

go be stupid somewhere else.. if u want to make a point of how fu.cked up people are now days.. make a new thread and dont spam this sh1t

i dont care if ur rich or poor.. i dont mind if my neighbor has a phantom... i do mind if he rubs it on my face.. ill probably steal his sh1t and burn it... but since nothing like that is happening im just going to recomendt an audio a8 since thats what the thread is all about...

stupid M.s

get the a8.. if i had the money i will buy it..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24459
This kid likes turtles.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
hahhahaaha i laugh everytime i see that kid...good timeing

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1989
If I had the money I'd get the new Cadillac CTS-V sedan. Fastest production sedan on the market and they look badazz too.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1990
^^Well that's not the sedan, that's the coupe. Stupid yahoo images.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1281
"Then run around and give handout after handout all while kissing there spoiled bratty azz kids azzes all there life and buy them all this extra bs thats not necessary all so the majority of them will grow up to be nobodys any gdamn way. Dont beleave me , look it up chief its in record numbers more now than ever all threw out the country."

...I tried looking up statistics for this, I really did. Contrary to what you say, it seems these statistics do not exist. Could it be because nobody wants to do the research? Possiably. Is it because you are a douche just leaking at the mouth trying to be cool? Most definitely.

Perhaps your parents could not get you the nicest things in the world, and there is nothing wrong with that, but they obviously did not teach you about manners or how to be polite. Its a damn shame and I pity your for that.

Also, your spelling and grammar is piss poor. Go read a book.

Bronze Member
Username: Streetlegal

Post Number: 39
lol... you go Kyle

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4847
The car you drive should be a representation of your personality. Sounds silly, but when you think about how much time we spend in our vehicles it makes sense.

If I was going SUV, I've always preferred the more rugged, traditional SUVs, so I'd go Tahoe or Nav over say the Cayenne, even though I'm sure the Cayenne is a fantastic automobile. I just wouldn't feel right driving the Cayenne. They make me think of like soccer moms with really rich husbands (which I am not, and do not have).

If you go Sedan I'd take the E550 or the 550i over the CLS all day long. Sleek and stylish are great, but I like cars with body styles that look strong. Something about the curvature of the CLS that I just can't stand. The CLS and Cayenne are just too curvy and sorta feminine to me.

All the cars you mentioned are obviously awesome. I say test drive 'em all and see which one feels right.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1886
just go all out and get the r8 :P

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24468

quote:

The car you drive should be a representation of your personality. Sounds silly, but when you think about how much time we spend in our vehicles it makes sense.

I couldn't agree more. You know Pitt I think we may be brothers in another life.

My other interpretation alongside yours is about a man's shoes. Look at them . What do they tell you about him and where he's been? Or better yet, where he's going?

I drive a 2006 F150 pickup truck, I wear New Balance sneakers, size 10 1/2.

Hit me with your best shot.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4848
Paul, when this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24469

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11760
My shoes are whatever walmart had for $20... lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4850
Your shoes suck.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 444
Nike 6.0

Dodge Ram on 33" mud brutes=V10

all I can do when I slip into either is.......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24472
The shoe I just bought.

Upload

And the shoe model I've been wearing for the last 10 years.

Upload

The 608 worked for me so I ran with it. No complaints. I just chose this last one cause it was the only NB they had I liked. (Sears)

Yes I'm a NB fan. They make great shoes that not only look good but wear fantastically well. I have some that are daily users that are 2-3 years old.

Once they get replaced they are used as "grass cutting" or "yard work" shoes lol. Even then they give me another 1-2 years.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 445
Upload

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 446
these shoes are the effin greatest. they have super tough build quality, and very comfortable. I used to be into skate shoes, and these are kinda weaning me off of them. they are kinda half and half skate/sport. They can also be customized to your specifications, from color to material to padding thickness to sole style. they grip like no other and are super durable. I have had mine for over 2 years and they are still going strong. And..... they look good efuff to wear to yo gmaws house!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16725
congrats jake....it must be nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us