Finally done with my system...

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 59
So after slowing buying all the stuff I wanted over the course of a year, I am finally done. My goal was to have a SQ system that was fairly loud, but not spend way too much money. I pretty much stuck to the two brands I know the best, Alpine and Boston Acoustics. Here are some pics of everything:

Upload
This is my work car here in Japan. It is a 1996 Nissan Pulsar that I paid $600.00 for.
Upload
Here is a shot of my Alpine CDA-105.
Upload
The A pillars already had factory locations for tweeters, so I just used them when I installed my Boston S50 components.
Upload
Here is a shot of the back with the hatch open.
Upload
I went with a Boston G210-44 sub in a pre-fab sealed enclosure.

Bronze Member

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 61
Upload
And here is my Alpine PDX-5 that powers everything. There is also a set of Boston S55's in the rear.

It is plenty loud for just being my work vehicle and I am happy with it. I haven't had a system in my vehicle since I was like 16 years old. I didn't attempt to build my own enclosure because I don't really have the means to do so here in Okinawa. Also I went with a small 5-channel amp because I don't want to put too much strain on my alternator. I just put a refurbished alternator(the old one died) in this car last summer and it was around $400.00. Car parts prices are crazy over here.

I have been reading and posting on this forum for almost a year now. It has opened my eyes to a lot of things and there are definitely some brands(Fi, Sundown, etc...) that have been suggested to me that I would like to try in the future when I move back to the USA. But until I can get a car that I can find a H.O. alternator for, those plans will have to wait.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1353
Nice not bad for what you are able to get over there. Also your alternator cost almost as much as your car. You should of just bought an extra parts car for 600 lol.

Bronze Member

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 63
Oh sorry I forgot to mention I ordered everything online. Car audio gear in Japan is way overpriced! I also thought about getting an alternator off of a junkyard Nissan, but they were around $150 to $175. The refurbished one I bought came with a 1 year warranty too.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 302
dude you should have checked to see if someone could have ordered and shipped you an alt from here... prob would have been cheaper...

When i see that car all i can think is SR20DETT lol

Bronze Member

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 64
I wish it had that engine. It has a GA15DE, and I'm not sure if they used that engine in any American models. Maybe I could have tried an alternator from another car, but I didn't want to deal with getting one that might not fit or one that might not last the rest of the time I have the car.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 305
an alt from a KA motor prob would have worked..

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16914
very nice but why didnt u put the amp right next to the box so that it takes up less floor space & look better too ...

Bronze Member

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 65
You can't really see in the picture, but the floor in the back is not completely flat, so the amp wouldn't mount very flat on the floor. Also the fuel tank and exhaust are under there somewhere, so I didn't want to risk drilling into them. I think for the next install that I do I want to put the amp under the front seat if possible...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16916
oh ok - no problem ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16665
the problem with going under the seat is poor ventilation

Bronze Member
Username: Streetlegal

Post Number: 35