My new ride

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11737
http://s518.photobucket.com/albums/u347/nd4spd18/Charger/

2009 Dodge Charger SXT, 27k miles.

Traded in the old Blazer, still have my big blue Chevy pickup. This car is sweet, good performance and reasonable mileage, should make a good daily car. Won't be driven in snow, I have a truck for that.

Before someone asks, my reasons for getting this were:
-- Must be RWD. FWD is no fun...
-- I have to fit in it, being 6-1 I have problems with some cars
-- Wanted something new-ish, reasonably efficient that will be reliable for a while. This has bumper-to-bumper warranty up to 6 years / 80,000
-- Has to look cool... the only new cars I really like now are the Dodge Challenger, and Charger. I had always wanted a camaro but don't like the new one.

Plans for the audio... They sure do put better stereos in cars from the factory than they used to. The stock system is actually good enough that I may only have to add subs. And if I can avoid using a big amp and not have to upgrade alternator, the install would be easy since the battery is in the trunk. HU has sirius built in and an input jack so I can use the iphone.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1352
Nice, looks good i like black chargers.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24410
Looks sharp. 3.5L V6 though? Not much of a "muscle car" lol. Then again that TOO is changing.

Just fuking wit ya. For a daily it'll do ya justice. Sounds like you're excited so you're a winner.

6"1"? Shoot, from previous pics I pegged you at 5'8" max lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16608
nice car bro

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3287
Meh Mopar? C'mon I thought you were a TRUE Chevy fan MS?

I do like it a lot tho,jus fokin with ya man. Have fun!

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 416
Mopar or bust. That's a good looking car, but the srt-8's stance, wheels, grille, hood, exhaust sound, and ground effects are epic. You prolly could have gotten the same mileage with the small v8. You should put some mud tires on the back.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16906
nice ride ! ...

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 296
not a fan of mopar or anything chrysler.. but hey if you enjoy it and dont feel you spent too much... more power to you! And if you feel you didnt spend enough i would LOVE a 1964 chevy impala ss convertible with 4 on the floor....either red, blue or black

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11738
Haha always a chevy fan, I still have the Chevy truck. The 6cyl OHC in this car has 250hp/250ft.lb. torque... thats more than some of the old TBI or carb V8s had.

I never really liked dodge/chrysler until recently. They are making the coolest cars out there now IMO. If $ were unlimited I'd have got a Challenger R/T... lol.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 417
If money was no factor, I would sport a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda with the 426 Hemi.

And, being the pickup-man I am, I would get a 1953 Dodge M-37 and drop a 6.7 cummins in that BEAST! wITH a single IA 21 in the bed firing into the cab.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1524
Nice car M.S.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16611
250hp/250ft.lb

not bad for a v6

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1118
Nice car man! Is it the 3.5L? I know they put the 2.7L v6 in some of them. I think the charger an challenger are to of the best looking cars out now. I also liked the magnum too. To bad they dont make it anymore though... An all wheel drive wagon with a 6.1L Hemi? Come on!

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11740
Thanks all. It is the 3.5L. They shouldn't even make the Charger with a 2.7, that's ~170 hp in 5000 lb car, those things can't get out of their own way. lol.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11741
To start off the system I'm thinking an AQ 1200 amp and either 2 12" Fi SSD or 2 12" AQ SD25... I don't think I can fit the box for dual 15s.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1122
Yea the 2.7L is a bit of a dog in the chargers. Not to bad in the avengers though. And im thinking a couple of the new neo magnet ssd's would sound pretty dam good in there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us