What subs everyone using these days?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23749
wassup guys. i haven't been in the subwoofer section for a long time. i was wondering what everyone is running in their rides these days? also what's the popular brand?

i assume rd audio is no more? lol.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1809
Welcome back to the sub side. Unfortunately theirs no more silent murder to be played.

There a sh!t ton of different subs everyone has been using lately.

DC audio
dd(as always)
Aq
Crossfire
RE is still out there

im sure others will chime in....

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11717
Fi is still cranking out their classic durable, great sounding, non-flashy stuff.

And wassup chad... lol... this forum kinda sucks now a days, so you may be glad you left... between lots of douche new members, forum trolls that keep coming back after being banned, and ppl fukking up SS, the peak years of this forum have passed.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 685
I can't believe nobody said Sundown, that's what I'm running.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3381
i'm keeping my stuff under wraps until i'm able to make a build thread. can't friggin' wait to get things going, but i need to be in the states to actually start it! stick around for it, Chad

should only be a few months away, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 964
psi
sundown
audioque
dc audio
dd
ascendant audio
ssa audio
fi
tc
incriminator audio

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1983
I'm still rocking the Xtants. Still haven't gotten around to running the RL-s yet. Hopefully soon I'll have that monster going. I'm going to put it in the house though. It's too much for my car.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3262
Xtant? Wow theres a name I havent heard for a while! Ive always wanted to try one of their amps. BTW why did they go out of business?

Welcome back Chadly! As far as subs,its still basically the same popular brands. As for myself Im now running an Ascendant Audio Havoc 15" and I freakin love it! I just ordered an Audioque 1200d to power it. Its on a JBL bpx500.1 right now only getting 700wrms. And Troy hooked me up with a 230 amp alt so when I get my AQ amp I will be installing the alt too!

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1930
"psi
sundown
audioque
dc audio
dd
ascendant audio
ssa audio
fi
tc
incriminator audio"

as well as
T3
some of the crossfire subs i think.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1106
audioque
ascendant audio
dc
psi
Image dynamics
soundsplinter
tc sounds
Fi
IA
SSA
DD
Atomic
eD
Eclipse
Treo
American Bass

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5440
JLw6

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 332
shocker sig-car
ascendant audio atlas-house

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23750
awesome. i see the stuff that i used to hear about back in the days are still going strong. i should start on my sq system soon. probably summer.

eric...can't wait to see the build thread.

ima browse this section more. i miss everyone.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23751
and yeah M.S. i miss the peak days. those were some fun times on this forum. you bashing on pioneer decks, some dude's box in the pool, etc...........

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2202
M.S. is known for buying ONLY Pioneer HU's...

ChadLee, you have any plans as far as equipment for the sq build? probably an all lanzar or power acoustik build, huh?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23752
hahahaha yeah right. lol.

naw man it won't be all fancy but will be something good.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11719
Haha I've toned it down a bit on the pioneer. Theres just something about pio fans that annoys me, I think it's b/c they always seem to think those are the best HUs ever when they are not, much the same as keeker and audioburn fans. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5123
chadleeesta wats going on man. I havent talked to you in forever btw lakers are going down celts all the way baby

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 237
I can't say enough about my RE XXX V3/ported and Eclipse SW8200/sealed.

I'll be buying 12-16 SSA DCON 10's when I pick the right hatch. I ought to buy the car before I design the box lol.

I see a lot of Alpine, JL, walmart-crap, RF, Powerbass, and Bassworx here in southern Ontario. Not once have I seen a friend run something like DC, DD, RE, Fi, SSA.... they're just noobs.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 404
Kicker L7s !!

haha but they running off a sundown amp...

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1881
I'm still running my 15" RD Alpha i bought from Kevin Holden awhile ago. Running on a saz1500d. haven't been on the forum for a minute.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5124
i need to sell my 15" alpha that I bought from him a while ago

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1883
why whats wrong with it? lol what happen to rd audio? sorry i haven't been on this forum for awhile.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2203
"I see a lot of Alpine, JL, walmart-crap, RF, Powerbass, and Bassworx here in southern Ontario. Not once have I seen a friend run something like DC, DD, RE, Fi, SSA.... they're just noobs"

I have a JL amp... I'm no n00bz

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11725
Yea JL is not a noob brand. Well, ok sometimes it is, but for noobs with big budgets, so they usually wind up with a decent system going all JL.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1932
JL = consumer product

sundown = enthusiast product

aka

JL = they try really hard to make it where you can't f.u.c.k. it up and get where you want to be.

sundown = great out come if you know what you are doing but you can set some sh1t on fire if you don't.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 241
Why would you assume that I think that JL amps are for n00bs? JL has GREAT amps.

"What SUUUUUUUUUBS everyone using these days?".

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 242
How is anything that can be bought NOT a consumer product?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3133
Gonna start me rebuild here in the next (my license is getting suspended for 1 month, so perfect timing lol). Gonna rock the APX momentarily in the ranger to test out my new batts. also have a bunch of RD sonances laying around may throw one in the camaro or maybe build a new box for the my PG RSD's i just picked up.

Will be picking one of these up this spring tho for sure.
http://atmosaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=14

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 243
I ran an APX 12" for 2 months, and although it was an SPL sub, I just want to say that it was the worst sounding sub that I've ever heard lol, way too muddy. It killed the lows though, and barely moved on RMS.

Does a BTL sound just as muddy?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23753
lol i'm still using my rd sq 10 and its still going strong. i love the sound of single 10 since i'm not about all bass any more.

no one is using a si mag no more? i miss that sub. i think it had the cleanest sound out of all the 15s i've used.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23754
oh and charlie, celtics? come on they are too old now lol.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3134
"I ran an APX 12" for 2 months, and although it was an SPL sub, I just want to say that it was the worst sounding sub that I've ever heard lol, way too muddy. It killed the lows though, and barely moved on RMS."

Really? did you buy it new and have it built for your power? or used? I think APX's are a really clean sounding spl woofer, I used to run fill tilt on my aq2200 on metal/rock and loved every bit of it. In fact a user JK32sho said his apx on his 5kw sounded way better that his btl.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SSAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 914
Have not decided for this install as it is still early in the process, but maybe stay conservative and do a single Dcon.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 246
With my stock electrical, it might have been only putting out around 750W with my 1500W @ 1ohm.... bad voltage I guess. 90A alt lol.

The only mod was an 857? top plate. I bought it used off of one of the top competitors in southern Ontario (Father Yuli) for $200. Sure, it was clean, but it didn't have the aireyness of my XXX, it wasn't neutral, and was very colored. I didn't like it after hearing an over-built SQ sub.

Single DCON... comon now, you know you want two 12's!

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SSAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 915
I no longer have the big benz, been doing mega miles, so I have a Mazda hatch, so lot less space. Considering squeezing a pair of 12's sealed, but then all trunk space is kaput.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3388

quote:

but then all trunk space is kaput.

trunk.. space?

keep your technical SSA jargon when it came from.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1521
I'm on the fence with the JL makes great amps statement. Their slash amps are highly inefficient and as voltage drops below 14.4 volts their current draw goes up, since they're regulated amps. Their new XD line is nice, for the size and performance, but for the money, there are comparable amps out there. Their new HD amps are smaller, but offer less filtering than the slash series and still run on the same regulated, inefficient platform.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 252
They're great because they're regulated lol, it atleast gets you to stop worrying about just how much power you're sending the subs. Better have the electrical up to snuff to use them if the current draw goes up like that, otherwise it'll just go into protect more often than another comparable amp.

What's the efficiency on the 1000/1?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12062
I'm still kicking it with my RL-s. I still do miss my Mag though. Maybe one day I'll get her back.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16588
"no one is using a si mag no more? i miss that sub. i think it had the cleanest sound out of all the 15s i've used."

I have one for sale chad if your interested

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1939
I am running the 2010 fi Q but going to play with the sundown SA 15's for a while just to see what they can do.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23757
sean....only sub or subs i would ever run would have to be 10s.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3289
Ran a 18 RE MT for a few months on the RD3250.1.

Still have the 2 15' XXX and I just bought a 3rd one.

Ran a 15 RE SE on my 94 accord. Off a Mmats D1600.2 sub sounded amazing.

I have a 15 RE SX waiting to be recone

I was going to start a build about 3 weeks ago for the wife. Plan was to run 4 SA-8's off the mmats amp. Chrysler 300 broke down, blown eng (sold). Now we got a MDX which now she wants no system. Talking to my brother to run 4 SA-8's on his silverado.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5126
nothings wrong with the alpha just dont have nething in the truck i only used it for a total of 1 month lol.

Chad I believe the lakers are to old aswell. we have the depth this season once we get healthy which looks pretty soon getting guys back slowly.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16902
ran a 12" idmax sealed for about 1.5yrs & i still have it

about 3wks ago i got a 10" IA 187 , its ported 30hz with a 4" psp aeroport ....

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2618
JL audio and Rockford.. the best ever! any one that is loud has that...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16603
sean....only sub or subs i would ever run would have to be 10s.

ok just checking

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 256
I really want to try an Eclipse SW8210 sealed, they're pretty cheap for the performance stats.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11736
I have 2 Eclipse 6010s in my truck. The sound great, only problem is the downfire box I have under the rear seat muffles the sound somewhat. Thinking about changing it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16627
what are you going to be running in your new car m.s.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us