Want more bang

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead94

Centralia, Illinois United States

Post Number: 27
i have two 15" rockford fosgate T1s and a rockford fosgate t3000.1 and i want something louder that gets alot of peoples attention not just a few lol
im looking to keep the amp but upgrade my subs any ideas on what kind of subs i should get

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1084
Fi BTLs

https://ssl.perfora.net/ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154d4b3c001d9a0/shopd ata/index.shopscript

Aq hdc3

http://www.audioque.com/

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1481
Totally agree with the BTLs.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1273
ssa xcons

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/xcon.html

IA death penlty

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/15%22-Death-Penalty-Series.htm l

Sundown nightshade

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-Nightshade-15%22 .html

obviously there are are tons of options, i just wanted to throw out a few more

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2692
What vehicle and how much room do you have to work?
Are you used a sealed or ported box right now? What sort of charging upgrades do you have for that amp, h/o alternator, extra battery, etc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
ive heard alot about digital designs 9500 series also would those be good loud daily beatin subs and which pair of subs would go best with my amp

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1482
Troy put up some good points. How is the electrical in your vehicle. Your power can only be as good as the electrical backing it up. The sub(s) you run along with the design of your enclosure will play the biggest roll in your output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i have a pickup right now but im lookin at a caddilac cts or a mazda 6 both have about the same trunk space and i will upgrade all my elctronics but should i have a ported or sealed box for a trunk

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
im not tryin to have high dollar subs sound like crap is what im trying to keep from happenin lol so ill have a box custom made for the vehicle from dldesignz.com probably

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 370
Ported. One 18" fi btl or 2 12". All you need is a well thought out and built box to make it sound best. Definately upgrade eletrical. at least the big 3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
so the fi btl is the way to go?
what options?
and about the dd9500 somebody tell me more bout the sub(s) cuz ive heard alottt about them

Bronze Member
Username: Streetlegal

Post Number: 28
Fi BTLs ported

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8514
i heard you wanted more bang??

hire a hooker

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3362
first off, running a 3000wrms amp means you need to up your electrical sh!t. all of it. i hope you have the gain turned down. after you get that out of the way, then go for some better subs.

as for dd 95xx's, they are excellent drivers. they can take serious abuse, to which they then give it back to your ears and vehicle. they are also expensive, as with all dd products. you do, however, absolutely get what you pay for. btl's are also great subs, but 2 would require a little more power.

you also obviously want to use a ported enclosure for output. you should tune it a little higher, around the 38hz area. biggest factor is making sure you have enough space for the subs you choose. too small of an enclosure will choke them. of the vehicle's you are looking at, two 12's or 15's would probably be the best way to go.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 372
Why would you need to tune higher? I say tune to 30. Or even 28

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
so how would two dd9512s sound like in a mazda 6 would it be looud clean bass or how would it soound

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 286
keep it simple go with the largest cone area single sub that you can...

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 566
Dd subs are not the best with lows but they can drop down its just their are much better choices if you want crazy lows but the btl or dd is one of the best choices for getting loud.
To run that amp you must get a few batteries and or a high output alternator

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3366

quote:

Why would you need to tune higher? I say tune to 30. Or even 28

this is why.

quote:

i want something louder that gets alot of peoples attention

2 dd9512's in a mazda6 would be loud as hell and sound decently musical. that is, if they're in a proper enclosure with adequate clean power pushing them.

as for simplicity, is running two subs compared to just one really that much more complicated? in a serious sq setup, maybe. i don't think that is a concern of the OP.

quote:

To run that amp you must get a few batteries and or a high output alternator

do i hear an echo?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1496
I agree with going with the one sub set up. You could do a single 18" if you have the room. You can go from a big enough enclosure, the bare minimum or on the larger side if you have the room. The larger you can go, the better it will kill the lows. I'm not sure how much room you really have, but you could even do a single 21" sub, if thats in your budget and you had the room for the enclosure. You could do a Fi Q 18" if you want something that will sound good and get low, in a big enclosure. If you wanted to run more power, do the same set up with the 18" BTL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8521
mazda 6??

run fi bl 15 or dual 12;s on a 1200 watts rms amplifier @1 ohms

1k rms is the perfect and max power you can run without electrical upgrades..

your car has probably around 80 amps alt..
your car lets see.... takes umm 40 amps at so u got 40 amps left..

40 amps x 14.4 volts = 576 watts rms you can run without upgrading electrical..

but you might get away with 1k rms if you do the big 3 and run good cables and add an extra battery

Gold Member

Post Number: 8522
Tip*

mazday 6 are easy to get loud..

if you buy bunch of sh1t.. all the woofers soundwaves will start to cancel out so you will lose some output..

sometimes quantity is bad instead of good..

run one good 15 ora nice pair of 12s..

subs firing up port firing forward

Gold Member

Post Number: 8523
sh1t my bad... you have a rockford tb3000.1 and i didnt read correctly

did you upgraded the electrical??

run 2 audioques hdc3 12 inch woofers in a good built box

make sure your not clipping the amp.. since if its 3k rms at 1 ohm.. lets say that it takes around 330 amps of power to produce the 3krms (heat is lost power for making the power)

you have a mazda i will think that you need at least a 300 amp alt and dude i will think is so dificult to get one for your car.. are you using stock??

anyways go with the audioques hdc3 (the t1 are more sound quality and loud woofers) even if you had 15s these 12s will be louder

audioque.com

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 209
umm yes he need to upgrade electrical, but if what your saying is true (ex. only getting 576 watts on stock elec), then why is my sub much louder on my 2200d than my nine.1? and my car is louder then my buddies with his 1200d? all I have as of now is a XS power d3400 under the hood. not saying I'm doing in the right way, as soon as i get the money i will have a mehcman under the hood, but ur theory doesn't hold up to that. Not being ghey or anything, and i understand you have to figure voltage drop and impedence rise in also, but it this case is the same sub/same box with both amps. hanging mid-high 13's with 2200d for enough time I want to turn in up all the way.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 210
also have another 4-500rms of 4 channel a/b power im pulling too. also I understand its not just voltage its amperage too, and with a h/o alt i would get more out of my amp for that reason lol. just saving you a couple sentences.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8532
dude if you put a 10 inch woofer on a mazday 6 because of small space you will get louder than putting the same woofer with same power and box on a tahoe.. wich is like 5x times the space of the mazda6

the bass is like air movements.. waves..

example if you have a fan that can cool a room lets say 100sq ft nicely but u take the same fan to a 500 sq ft do you think the 500 sq ft is gonna be cool enough like the 100sq ft room??

ofcorse no..

your probably clipping the amp and sub to death.. sometimes clipping makes your sound seems like is louder.. bus is damaging the woofer and the amp..

watch for your sub to get hot.. and amp.. headlights dimming?

if so turn your gain downs and upgrade the electrical system..

maybe you dont need to upgrade if your amp has a unregulated power supply that means that for the amp you need power to make power but if you dont have the power well the amp is going to produce less power until you give the actual needed power and clean power to produce its 100% power

if one amp is louder than the other on the same wattage.. is because maybe one amp is more efficient..(waste less power in heat than the other amp thus producing alil bit more power)

example.. class a/b amps waste like 30% more heat than class d amps.. while producing the same power.. lets say 100 watts the amp is rated..

class D is 80 % efficient. for 100 watts
you need 14.4 volts and 9 amps=129.6 watts
then the 29.6 is wasted as heat for producing the 100 watts

class A/B lets say is 60% efficient for 100 watts
you need 14.4 and 10.5 amps=150 watts
then 50 watts as heat is producing the 100 watts

its just a guide here..a small example one

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 211
lol umm....didn't say a small vehicle such as a hatchback or something wouldn't get as loud a tahoe with the same cone area. duh it would be louder.
as far as clipping, im not retarded I know when the sub starts to get sloppy and stinky, and im talking about AQ amps which are dummy proof to boot since they have a very sensitive clipping light.
and as far as amp efficiency, one comparison I made was the AQ 1200 and AQ 2200......so I forgot what your point was again?.....
Also rockford amps are very power hungry, so it is a diff story with them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
ok so im gunna try out a pair of 9500s with my t3000.1 what impedence of sub should i get if im getting 2 12's

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 212
if you want a 1ohm load get dual 4's....i didn't check what that amp was stable down to though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Im not sure wat its stable at if you would out for me and let me know it would be highly appreciated

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1096
•1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
•2,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
•3,000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm

So your going to want to get the dual 4's

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4873
I would only get the 9500 series if you were planning to run more power to them in the future. But why get the 9500 series when your only going to run 3000rms to the pair. Get the 3500 series or AQ hdc3's for less. Use the rest of the money to upgrade your electrical.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 213
true on that, but you could definitely add another t3000.1 and do one per sub if you get the aluminum hdc3's.....just gotta re-cone to dual 2's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
i might pick up another here soon if i can get my hands on one then thanks and would the reconing cost any more

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3367
running 3k per hdc3 for daily would not be a good idea. it wouldn't take that power for too long before cooking it. the $ he would need to dump into his electrical would also be substantial.

the recone would cost you for the parts, and depending if you are capable of doing it yourself or not, shipping both ways and labor.

as Berny said, 2 hdc3's or 3500's on that 3000.1 would be ace.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 227
Before going any further, tell us if your current 15's are in a ported or sealed box because that'd be a night & day difference. You may just need a box. All these suggestions to "keep it simple". Pffffft.

If you want lots of bass [with a trunk - a hatch will be better (Mazda 6 is a hatch right?)] than rip out your entire trunk, do some cutting and fabrication, and stuff two BTL 15's in a ported box (5 cubes NET each), tuned to 30 Hz, and have a 3K powering each. Nothing will be louder unless you find a better sub that can handle more power and use it better (SS XXX on RMS) or have way more power to kill something else. An AB 500.1 would be a good match for two BTL's when it cranks out about 5600W @ 1 ohm.

BTL's are peaky, and if you want to retain any SQ than go for SSA XCON's. You may want to switch to a sealed box later, and the XCON's like sealed & ported.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 228
... or wait until the specs for the BTL SQ-oriented (N1) series is out. You think they had the XCON in mind as competition?

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3368
ok. everybody needs to stop putting their 2 cents in, especially the ones with ridiculous ideas and statements.

this is how things stand. he has no electrical upgrades. he has a 3000w amp on a combined 1200w total for subs. he wants to have a loud @ss system.

what i stated early in this thread, and has been repeated numerous times by people not reading and just posting, is first thing to be done is electical upgrades. no way around it. /discussion.

next, subs. that amp will kill the current ones he has now. a different enclosure is not the answer. 2 subs that can take 1500w is by far the best solution for what he wants and his application (and the simplest).

after that is all said and done, and he's not satisfied, then we can suggest moar power and all that jazz. for now, please stfu and stop confusing the guy.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 214
lol..you can definitely run a 3500d on an aluminum hdc.....<2500rms on coppers, <4k on aluminum. many people do it as will I sometime hopefully this year. Ive seen a quite a few do 3k on coppers. aluminum hdc is in about the same league as btl, and IMO i think it sounds better.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 229
Aren't T1 15's 1000W RMS? 1200W is too much power for those? He must have D2's/amp would be at less than 1 ohm?

I'm going to laugh when he says they're in a sealed box!

We don't know how much money he has, nor know what he thinks loud bass is. Specifically he said "gets a lot of peoples attention", which means a louder & lower octave, otherwise his vehicle will sound like a ninja midget is trying to get out of his trunk (hatch?).

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3369
well hopefully you will post a thread when you blow it up as well.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 215
if your saying the alum hdc cant handle 3k, then that must mean the copper cant handle 2k? lol i had a copper on 2k for a long time, no problem and my alum laughs at the 2200, never gets stinky. come on man, its a 50lb motor and 3in coil. you think its actually 1000rms? you must have no experience with this sub and talk like you do. awhile back i called dj to double check if i would be safe running 3k+ to an alum and him knowing im not a tard that just sold an xplod amp to get a fi cuz steve meade has one, told me i would be fine as long as i use common sense. so yea, maybe it won't like 3k plus for 5hrs, but if you keep your voltage up, power clean, and not for extended periods of time you will be fine.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 216
-also, 1000-1200rms is just barely sufficient for an hdc, even the coppers come much more alive on 2k.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3371
actually, i own one, and i know they're rated conservatively. i never said you couldn't do it either. it's just a quick way to decrease the life of the coil. i do disagree with you that the aluminum coil gains a 1000w higher power handling. that's entirely too large of an estimate.

4k on one is cool for comps but not daily. to me 2500w would be pushing it on either coil if you actually want the sub to last.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 217
first alum is not just different coil, but spiders as well and built in house not overseas and is more durable overall.
second what you do consider daily? 2 hrs str8?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 230
"Daily"...

Work & back - 60 minutes
Grocery store & back - 50 minutes
Friends place & back - 50 minutes
Corner store & back - 25 minutes
Corner store & back because I forgot my wallet there like an idiot - 25 minutes
Pick up sister from bus station - 40 minutes
She wants to go to block buster, great - 40 minutes

Over 4 hours a day for me. When I had my XXX I had it cranked the whole time. It worked for about 6 months on RMS.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 218
well maybe you should turn it down a tad if the coils smell. a well built woofer like that should hold up on rms. maybe you were clippin the sh** outta it. and thats a bit much full tilt. i love bass, and in high school i would do that quite often, but not only is it not good on your hearing, it definitely makes you less happier with your system as it doesn't seem nearly as loud when your constantly at full tilt.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 219
less happy* lol

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 231
Stock electrical with a 90A alt. No big three. 2 runs of 0 gauge. The coils never smelled, and I doubt my amp was putting out more than 750W with 90A & stock battery because when I used it in two ohms there wasn't much of a difference or maybe there never is. I ran it at 2 ohms for half the time, using an Eclipse SW8200 in the same box. Gains at a little less than 3/4. 2-2.2 cubes @ 36-37 Hz.

That was when I knew nothing about audio. I'd have done everything way differently and would have built the box myself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
eric is right lol alls i am is confused right now lol
i have the 2 t1s in a PORTED box that are kinda loud but i want more and im going to go with two 12's now if you would keep it short and simple with names and specifics about the subs that would be very loud because i am getting electrical upgrades (the big 3)

Gold Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1110
Get 2 dual 1 ohm 15'' Fi Bls. Wire up series/parallel
Run it on that amp at 1ohm and call it a day. This of course after you upgrade your electrical...

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3385
^ if i was in your shoes i would run that. you definitely need to do more than the just the big 3 however..

out of curiosity, what is the gain currently set at on your amp?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 245
Kinda loud eh? Can you show us the box? What's it tuned to? Space?

Just look at the sensitivity & power handling, the higher the better. If you're expecting them to drop when tuned highish than get something with more xmax and a lower f/s... like BTL N2's.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3387
you're killing me here, LH..

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 247
I mean lower inductance***

and good looks***
« Previous Thread Next Thread »