What system you have? and details?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 519
hey guys just wondering what everyone runs and what they think about it.
head unit, speakers, amps, subs, tuning, port area, alternator, batteries. whatever you have and wanna spread the details just post it in here.
my system isnt done yet. and im going to make changes to it. but for the moment.
alpine head unit.
morel mids and highs. bought from partsexpress. very expensive
dls components for rear fill.
aq 4x90 amp. bridging the morels.
eclipse 2 channel amp. for the dls
lms ultra tuned to 30 hz with 150 sq in of port or so. 7 cu ft.
soundstream rub1.2500d for now just waiting on a company to release their new amp, and then i will have power.
pb alt. 220 at 1200 rpm
no batteries yet. may do xs power d1400 up front and a d3100 in the back, or go with nsb in the back.
and monster ofc wiring. 2 runs
knukonceptz rca's and will use their kasa 12 ga for my speakers...
thats my current system, should be done soon, very cold weather right now and hard to work on it

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 199
I'm running stock gm delco everything it blows special cause the rear 6x9s cut out

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1814
15" FI Q @ 1600 watts
box by DL Designz 2.8^3ft @ 32hz
saz-3000D @2 ohms
sax-100.2 @4 ohms
front stage - polk momo's
1/0 pos and neg runs to the back. knu
a crap ton of sound deading from secondskin.
143DB sealed on the windshield.
rca's knu

just got on team sundown so i am going to start an over haul this year, lets see where this goes.

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 199
Well, here is what I have although not all of it is actually in my car since I am waiting on getting a new car in the next couple months and putting some of the new stuff I got in that. Anyways here's what I got so far:
Pioneer DEH500UB premier
AQ 4x90 active to
CDT ES06 components
AQ 2200D
AQ HDC315 aluminum coil 4 cubes at 37hz
Alpine Type R rear fill
Monster XLN RCA's for front stage
XS Power 3400
Second Skin Damplifier Pro
-coming very soon: knu Konceptz flex 4 gauge for 4x90, knu pure copper speaker wire, and I'm thinking krystal RCA's for sub amp

-coming hopefully shortly after build
IA Death Penalty 18 or Xcon 18
Mechman 270amp alt
AQ 3500D.1 .............in that order probably

I will most likely have a build log when I get it done here in the next few months

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 316
stock mazda 6 bose hu an speakers
shocker sig 12 in 3.3cf box tuned to 38hz with a RE12.1 amp at .7ohms before rise. very loud sub probally doing low 140s on music which is decent consdiering im using a loc so signal sucks to the amp. Sq is decent nothing even close to my old ascendant audio atlas but better than my friends cvxs imo. Need to get a rf 3sixty to boost the signal probally be louder an sound better than it is now.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 200
btw - If ya noticed I had that thread a little bit ago deciding on which amp to get and got the 4x90 and its purrty. replacing my kicker zx650.4 i have in my car now and the es's are replacing my cl's i have in now running passive. I am so pumped to start my next build I cant take it. almost more excited to get my system in the car than getting the new car lol. well not "new" prolly 04-07 grand prix.....but yea lets see some more system descriptions people! I'm bored haha.
Oh yea, Dustin how you like that amp? need to get some amped speaks its the sh*t and everyone is totally doing it cause it's cool

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 201
bose stands for buy other stereo equipment lol...just playin...kinda

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8438
Eclipse 7200MKii HU (running active thru HU)
2x BatCap 3000's
Xscorpion 1/0ga, fuse blocks, and RCA's
DD C4a
DD A6.5 mids
DD TA28 highs
2 DDM2a (strapped at 1.5ohm)
2 DD3515E D1.5
Series tuned 6th order blow-thru in '04 Avalanche.

Enclosure takes up 1/2 the bed.
VERY flat response w/ small peak at 38hz. (151+)

Need to reposition my highs though, I am getting some imaging issues from the drivers side tweet due to the height of the dash on the drivers side vs the pass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
lol ya i know bose sucks but for my car the faceplate alone is 180 bucks cuz the ac system is intergrated with the stereo plate. But the stock amp is rated at 200 watts so i figure around 20 watts each speaker an has a stock "subwoofer" in the rear deck with a 100watt amp built in lol which i ran the loc off of. Pretty decent id say mids keep up pretty ggood untill you crank it on bass heavey rap then they get drowned out.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 202
How do those DD components sound Canaan? Always wondered about those but never got to ask anyone except for DD tech's which are a bit biased

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 203
dang $180 sucks. sometimes it seems like these dang car manufacturers just don't think about us bass heads

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2196
07 avalanche LTZ
-Stock Nav. Unit
-JBL GTI 6.5" comps in front door
-PowerBass 400.4 bridged to the JBLs
-2 15" RE SE's in 8cubes@32Hz (Blowthru in the Ava, freakin sweet lookin..also takes up about 1/3 the bed)
-JL slash 1000/1 for subz
-AudioControl LC6 to integrate into the stock HU
-Around 25 sqft (total) of Fatmat sound deadening on front doors
-1/0 i got from ChadLee a few years ago that he gave away, someone got all butthurt cause i got it...cant remember who tho...?

sounds great and smooth. the JBLs have exceptional midbass in my doors. the sound deadening made all the difference. I couldnt be happier with the SE's. get low, loud, and still stay silky smooth for my Dave Matthews addiction (Carter Beauford is pure sex on the drums)

Also, the JL stays cool to the touch all day...play it at the beach for 2+hours and its barely warm, the PowerBass, on the other hand, tends to get a bit uhhh hottttt. thats the first thing i want to change.

hoping one day to add a 3rd SE, HO Alt, 2nd set of JBLs in the doors, and an amp that does 200x4@4ohms...maybe an older model xenon 200.4? but ehh its off iin the future for now.

p.s. Carter Beauford for Prez?

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
Nice deathoob when did you get on team sundown? You get any good discounts?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1815
earlier to day and only thing i think i can say is maybe.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12046
Scion TC
Alpine 9886
Hybrid Audio Technology Clarus C61/2
Tru Tech T2.200
12" Sound Splinter RL-S
Orion 2500d

Car and system are about to be sold in the next month

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1816
random video for you.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3111
Most of my equipment is not installed.

Alpine 9886
alpine v12 mrv-f250 or rockford punch 250aII
cdt cl-51i's
15" atomic apx. soon to be a 12"
2 strapped rd 1750v2's.
220a alt, waiting on batteries since last got damaged

May even throw in a few RD sonances just for the hell of it. I only have 5 laying here

Love the head unit. has plenty of features and very easy to navigate. just wish it could run active.
Absolutely love the atomic apx. Very versitile. can play strong in really small boxes if needed. plays upper bass notes, get really low as well. can keep up on the double kick bass at high volumes too . Such a universal motor i may not get rid of it for a while, just keep reconing it as a change things up. The cdt components are good, haven't got a chance to really put them to the test tho.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
abarca how you like that audiocontrol? was lookin at the rf 3sixty for mine. Any experience with aany other loc?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1817
the 360.2 is discontuned the new 360.3 will be out soon.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3353
i was originally looking at a 3sixty.2 since it carries some great features. upon further research nobody really had anything good to say about it. many issues with the unit..

i hadn't heard of the new 3sixty.3, but seems to carry a good amount more features. there were some other interesting things at CES this year as well, including a couple new DSP's.

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/top-products-ces-2011-part-2

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 53
System I built on a tight budget for my work car w/stock alternator:

Alpine CDA-105 H/U
Boston Acoustics S50 components
Boston Acoustics S55 coaxials
Boston Acoustics G210-44, 0.75 cu. ft. sealed
Alpine PDX-5
KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks 4 gauge for everything
Stinger 6-ch RCA cable

I definitely wanna upgrade to better stuff and more power when I get back to the states, but for the next 2 years this will keep me happy...

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1042
Kenwood Excelon Kdc-794(<i think)
15'' Fi Q d2
4cuft box @ 35hz w/plexi(DL Designs)
Aq1200d
DLS rs6 6.5 comps
Aq4x90
Shok industries 1/0 pos,neg
Kicker hyperflex rca cables
Dynamat extreme

Was going to get a ho alt an run more power,but ive decided to just get a different vehicle an start from scratch. Looking to get something with alot more room(suv or wagon) an do 2 15'' Qs but will see...

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3270
Avalanche
HU : Eclipse 5500
Mmats Pro 651
JL Audio 450/4
2 15's RE XXXX on 7.5cf @35 hz
RD 3250.1 HO 300/160 Alt

Starting a new build in a few weeks.
300M
HU: Pioneer 4200ub
Mmat pro 651
JL 300/2 or RF 6002 in the process of buying.
12 RE SX on 2.5cf@32hz
Mmats 1100.2

Silver Member

Post Number: 524
Nice how do you like those xxx s are they worth the money? I want to try some out soon

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1045
I need to buy a loc for my nissan,but im clueless on what i need. For you guys that use them or have experience with them. Whats everything that i would need buy? Do i just need the loc an thats it? Ive been looking at this LC7,but im not really sure if thats what i need or not.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18884_AudioControl-LC7-Salmon-Gray.html

Also says it has Stereo auxiliary input to add an iPod or satellite radio. What would i need to get that going? Appreciate the help guys,thanks

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3271
Cwruck, I dont have the new models. I have the 04/05 and they are some great sub's. Worth every penny I paid.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1819
Sean P thats all you need, well maybe some extra wire. last time i has a LOC i payed $40 for one from PAC (the people that make steering wheel adapters i think.) worked great, lasted a long time tell i gave it to my girl and she got T-boned and totaled her car. it was in the trunk and it exploded. poor little guy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 526
hmm well thats good, but its almost impossible to find new 04/05 models which i know sound great, if i ever do get some xxx's it would probably have to be newer models, because i would prefer to buy new. but it seems everyone says they dont sound good, but i can bet they have actually never heard them in person before

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
mmm old school xbl^2 xxx that an the AA avalanche are my favorite subs. murder the lows and have excellent sq. id just get a used motor and find someone to recone it pretty much brand new sub.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2668
I'm in between systems, but I'll list what I'm pulling out and what I'm about to put in:

2 door kits of Second Skin
2 Gallons Second skin Spectrum
An AZZZ of expanding foam
4 230a alts
3 XS Power D3100s
1 XS Power S3400
200ft of 1/0 (8 runs of 1/0 from front to back -4 power/4 ground)
Pioneer 4200DVD
Realm Audio 6.5 Comps
Eclipse EA4000
American Bass 1000.1
2 Incriminator Audio Warden 21s

Going in sometime soon, hopefully within a few months so I can start competing:

6 250a alternators
8-10 XS Power D3100s
1-2 XS Power S3400s
300ft 1/0 (12 runs of 1/0- 6+/6-, also 8 runs from busbar to rear batts)
? Front stage
16kw + rms - soundigital amps. Either 1 or two 16ks, or 2 12ks, I haven't decided.
4 T3 TSNS 18s

I'm buying one TSNS and testing it on the AB 1000.1 to see how it holds up to 10,000 rms. If it does well I'll hold out for at least 2 12ks if not 2 16s. If it does well on 5kw I'll get 1 16k and try to hold 14v.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1822
how are those soundigital amps troy? never messed with / seen one in person.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1823
still VERY excited for your build troy.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16871
mine is in my profile :

Premier 860 deck
Pair of 2way 6.5" CDT HD62 Components
Alpine PDX 150.2
Alpine PDX 1000.1
12" IDmax in a sealed box for daily SQ use

cdt is not in there again , right now i have some temp pioneer 6.5" rated 50wrms getting 150wrms set at 50hz with no problems going on a few mths

have a new pair of 6.5" morel ovation II comps to be installed ...

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 137
There's a guy with 2 04/05 re xxx 12's in the for sale section.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1798
I have never used the sound digital amps myself but i remember seeing a right up about them vs a stetrom and cactus amp and the sound digital made more power on less power. I have also seem them used a couple times in comps with no complaints. I think this spring im gonna try the new crescendo amps.

Troy i would call t3 and give them a hard talking before you order i have heard they have been playing a lot of games lately. Also if i remember there is a new model of the tsns coming out if its not out yet.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1567
hu: kdar880

amps: Sundown 2000d & Crunch Pzi2250

frontstage: infinity 4x6 coaxials & some cdt tweeters

subs: 2 12" image dynamics IDMAX V.2

alternator: Motorcity reman 200amp alt (Im having some issues with it... might be a loose belt because my voltage will sit at like 14.4+ when cold, but once it warms up it drops to around 14-13.8v)any suggestions? I have a smaller than stock pully on it.

big 3 done with 0 gauge

kinetik 1800 in back

wire: knukonceptz standard 0 gauge wire for everything but the crunch amp which has some good flexible 8gauge(idk the brand off hand) also using the 8 gauge as speaker wire for my subs. regular speaker wire for everything else.

box: around 4cuft 37hz (filled with polyfill) I need to get around to building a new box. I was using this box for 2 type rs so its high for the idmaxs. Im planning on building my subs into my rear deck and could use some advice => https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/669159.html

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8439
Voltage dropping to 14-13.8 after warming up is normal.
Alts usually over-charge when cold, my old 185A on the Silverado would charge 15.2v when cold, 14.4-ish when hot.

It all has to so w/ the regulator, heat, and resistance.
If you want more manual control over charging voltage, look into a externally regulated alt.

Also, Troy...if you don't mind....hit me w/ a price for an setup to support 5kw rms in my 5.3L '04 Avalanche
Tax returns are coming up

Gold Member

Post Number: 2669
Mo Ducka, 13.8 is normal. Death I'm in bunches in anticipation on my new build, but between getting hit hard with taxes, a kid in the hospital, needing a new washing machine, dropping a few grand in home renovations that could not wait any longer my build has been delayed

I really hate to sell my AB amp, but Soundigital makes the most power in the smallest case. The AB is rated at 14.4v, so by the same standard I could fit 40,000 SD watts where I could fit 10,000 AB. It's just a matter of space. I hear nothing but good things about the new SD gear, they've made improvements that seem to make them great daily and comp equipment. Joe, I saw that same write up- I think it was the SD 12k that was still making 10k rms @ 1.8 ohm wasn't it? The numbers were really impressive regardless.

T3 has also had sketchy reviews in the past, but their new subs have several improvements, and all the old TSNS subs still handled a crap ton of power. I know I would be happy with BTLs, but if I can gain a db and put a lot more power on the subs for daily use- I would rather have them. T3 seems to be making an effort to expand and improve, so if their product is as good as they claim and their c/s stays up I'll be running pretty much all T3 speakers/subs in the future. For the price they're running right now I can't pass one up.

Canaan, I sent an email a minute ago, I'm sorry if I didn't go into a ton of detail I'm just not used to being up this late lol. Feel free to email or call me any time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
Hey troy how much do the new tsn s cost in all sizes? And what about soundigital? I got a quote from a guy on a 5k but wondering if you could maybe get it cheaper? If you don't wanna post prices you could email me codywruck@live.com and I'll keep it a secret if you don't mind and have time. I have emailed them multiple times and have yet to get a response...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2670
Both companies are having sales on the SMD forum right now- which is where I'm getting my pricing.
The SD 5k is like 890 shipped which it actually does 6,600 or so at 14v 1 ohm. One hell of a deal imo.

The TSNS is also on a "super sale" right now of $600 + shipping each, regardless of size, options, or dust cap color.
I don't get special pricing on anything, I've just been lurking on the forums waiting for sale prices

Both companies I recommend getting a phone number and calling directly. It took me a few tries to get the right people, but once I got the right numbers people picked up immediately and were very helpful.

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
Ok that sounds right to me I don't really want sd I can get more power for cheaper but of course the amp will be alot bigger but I do like the pricing on the tsn I want an 18 how much longer does the sale last?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2671
Till tomorrow unfortunately, but they will probably have another in a few months.

I can't find power cheaper lol. The 16k is 20k @ 14.4v, which is where everyone else rates. 20kw for <$3000 when you talk to anyone is about as cheap as it gets. I see AQ3500s for $600, figure 6 amps to get the same power is 3600.
Also the 16k will still do 15k at 2 ohms 14v, while any other amp loses half it's output when you double the imp. Finally size does it for me, they're just so small!

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2193
94 grand cherokee
2-18" dc lv4
cactus k9s
4th order wall
4 tw47 super tweeters
being ordered shortly 8-6" selenium mids
dc 175x4
and alot of wood