Bass enhancers/expanders (Epicenter)

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3203
Ive just been browsing some car audio websites and I noticed there are tons of these Epicenter copies out there now. A few years ago the only ones I ever seen were the Epicenter of course,the PPI version,and Orion had one. Now a couple dozen companies make them. I actually had a Epicenter at one time and I liked it but I ended up selling it. I was thinking about trying one of these things out again and was just wondering if they are all pretty much on the same level,even the lower end brands such as Boss,Power Acoustic? The only reason Im asking is b/c if they are pretty much all the same quality there are some pretty cool looking ones like these

Upload
Upload

If they are all about the same I dont see any reason to pay a couple hundred for a Epicenter if I can get the same effect with a 60 dollar one. Plus I really like the graphics on the 2 I posted lol. I would almost feel embarrassed by putting something made by Boss or PA next to my DLS,JBL Crown engineered amp,and my AA Havoc tho lol,ya know what i mean?

Any thoughts,opinions on these?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5874
The AC Epi costs what it does for a reason. It is a patented process and is pretty tricky to do well. MaxxBass and Soundstream also make some high dollar versions and have their own proprietary chips that have a similar effect. Those other companies are just trying to cheaply simulate what the AudioControl chip does. By far the best of the lower cost models is the US Amps Bass Mekanik.

Link

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3205
How would you rate the PPI version Brad? This one

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23672_Precision-Power-PPI-BP.8.html

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3206
Out of the PPI and the US Amps Bass Mekanik which would be better? They're both about the same price. The Bass Mekanik one would be cool if I could some how rig up some leds on the inside of the case,hmmm.

Or should I just go all out and get the best,the Epicenter?

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3207
I would like to have the option to change the freq. and i dont know if the Bass Mekanik has that option. All the others seem to have that. Plus most others have a SSF but I guess that wouldnt matter since theres one on my amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16363
if you just want one freq and no wide spread thats one thing but id want a spread

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16836
never used these things but folks say if ur going this route u shud the original thing which is AC since all the others doesn't really do it as well as ac ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16374
sounds like good advice to me

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8494
Brad im sorry to let you know but the waves/orion maxxbass doesnt do similar process than the epicenter.. is quite a huge diference in processing and output..

the waves processor doesnt change the frequencies like the epicenter. just extends perceived bass response by up to 1.5 octaves and Preserves the dynamic range and character off the original bass.

the epicenter change the bass and RESTORE it that is why audiocontrol claim it BASS RESTORATION on their website..

in my experience the waves/orion maxxbass is more effective in my opinion for sq set ups.. if you just want loud bass get the epicenter wich on some songs the effects is pretty bad and anoyying.

heres a link

http://www.wavescaraudio.com

in my opinion the orion or waves maxxbass is the best set up for a really good sondquality system it does tricks your ears and let you think your having twice the output
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us