SSA Dcon vs IA 187 vs AQ SDC....

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 178
Hey fellas, need some opinions on an entry level sub. My nephew isn't into systems a lot, but wants a nice little system that gets decently loud and sounds good. Hes on a real tight budget, and doesn't want to spend much. I got him to get a Rockford Fosgate R500 (i think is the name) which puts out 500rms at 2ohms, supposedly, i would at least think 400rms. So I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. I'm leaning toward him waiting for the new AQ SDC to come out, as I'm obviously a fan, but also considering the SSA Dcon and Incriminator 187.
Last choice is the last (old model) model type R, since i was thinking i could find one cheap somewhere but the cheapest i have found so far is like $120 shipped, and in that case i would go with one of the other 3. This will be a 12 btw, most likely. maybe a 15. thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 908
I am biased towards the Dcon, but the Dcon and 187 are great choices. The other driver is of a larger coil and aimed at a little different goal.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 179
In case there is any confusion, I'm talking about the SDC not SDC2.5. The new AQ SDC will be coming out fairly soon I believe, and is going to be in the 300rms range like the other 2 and like the old SD used to be.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2607
i would like to see the sdc s when they come out again!
i have a feeling they will be nice

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16334
me too

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 264
out of your choices id take the dcon, may also wanna look into a t3 t200 or t400. there very cheap on ebay iirc there like 55 bucks shipped or something.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16335
good deal

Silver Member

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 180
I'm only seeing the t200 when i search. bad thing is single 4ohm and 200rms, but i guess for the same price as the others i could get two to bring em down to 2ohms, with twice the cone area

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16368
the motor strength is only 10 bl tho on them

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 271
on a 200wrms i don't see a bl that low being a big deal, ya itd be better if it was higher but then again whatcha except lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16404
true thats how good the american bass dx 10's were and they wernt too bad

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 263
I've heard the ia 187. very good sub for the price. never heard the dcon. but seems like you've done your homework on bang for your buck subs. i don't think you're going to go wrong with any of the 3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us