Whats the best sub for high spl under 400$

Username: Real_spl_dream

Post Number: 1
im lookin for 1 or maybe 2 12"s to go in an 2001 eclipse. im somewhat new to this, ive had a few systems but i want something thats gonna bang the hell out of me and everyone who gets in my car. what are some good brands along with good amps that arent gonna break my bank?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1391
Fi fully loaded BTL. You can normally get one used for around $300.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 239
i know a guy who will custom build a sub to w e you want he has 05 shocker sig 4hp an team rf motors can pick from 3 different spiders setups n coils. Could do a 12 for right around 400. where u from?

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 715
Atomic Apoc 12. American MAde and 3 year warranty!

http://atomicspeakers.com/?pg=series_apocalypse_12
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3329
unless you plan on upgrading your electical you won't be able to power a real hungy spl sub. you can effectively push about 1200wrms on your stock system. 2 15's that add up to that rating would work best for you. 2 12's would still work but the cone area of the 15's would increase sound levels. a single 18" is also an option.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11648
" you can effectively push about 1200wrms "

Usually less than that. Think 500-750w

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3330
vehicle dependant, of course. but probably so with his eclipse.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 716
do an Atomic Manhattan 12 and a sixth order bandpass on 500-700 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 263
dustin, this guy is a newbie and is prolly still recovering from your post. just keep it a little simpler. Get 2 15 atomic or fi btl. used if you can, and put the biggest amp you can afford on them. or as much as they can handle. Do you just want strictly spl or do you want great sq with the ability to feel the noise in your throat?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2660
What music do you listen to?
What budget and what electrical upgrades are you willing to do?
Recommendations will go with that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
lmao if you want true spl should get the 05 sig motor with quad stiff spiders but you can only use a dual 1.5 coil casue the gap is so small, but with 3k and a ported box tuned to 40hz would be insanely loud.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1393
If you want to keep it simple and not upgrade the alternator, you could go with an amp in the 500 rms range. Find you an amp that will push a clean 500 rms for you, giving you a little head room and it will help to amp to run more efficient and provide a nice, clean signal. From there look for a sub with high sensitivity so you can get the most from your 500 rms. Going this route, you're really going to have to focus a lot also on your enclosure. It could make or break your output. Just to give you an idea of how much a "good" alternator would run, a 250 amp for my car is $489. I too have a two door coupe sort of like your car. You would need atleast a 200 amp to maintain 2k rms. However, in a small coupe, you may not need or want a full 2k, unless you're really looking to get super loud. You can do a lot with 1k or less. Your install and good choices in equipment will be the most crucial aspects here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
true true skd, install is a big part. you could take some crappy sub an build an amazing box and itll be loud or take a badass sub an build a crappy box an itll sound awful.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4345
Spl doesn't start with woofers or really with amps. Starts with an over built electrical system and boxbuilding. And before you buy a sub I would check measurements and see how much actual airspace you have. And its not how big the motor is on a woofer or how big the coil is. Its what will work best in your application

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16831
hey look time no see hunter on this forum ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16379
whats up hunter

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4346
Not much guys. Haven't been on much due to not being into. Audio much anymore. In time though lol. Been making my truck more custom and show then audio. How are you guys

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16386
im good smooth sailing is good sailing.....no audio? what happened?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4347
I sold it all to bag and body drop my truck. But when I'm done with that I'm redoing the interior and going to do 2 18s. And 4 to 6k of power.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16839
thats gonna sound sick ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16422
yes it is

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 301
uhh, I know of a body lift, but what is a body drop? Couldn't really get more than 1/2 inch. or are you talking of dropping the whole truck body and frame?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4348
I did what's called a traditional body drop....its when you cut the floor out and lower the cab to be even with the frame on the ground

nhttp://www.mazdabscene.com/forums/projects/hunterw-project-juanita-audio-bagged -and-now-bodied-t18861.html t

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 316
I can think of 18 different reasons not to do that. haha just messin with you. Im more into lifts and big tires. I can appreciate a nice lowrider though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us