Soooo.... time to build the system for my 79 cobra.

Username: Theoriginlninja

Post Number: 1
Im thinking about running two alpine type x 12" subs. Dont know what amp yet tho. any input on that? and i'm not sure what sort of box i should use either. i was thinking about goin with a bandpass box. any input would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3326
the type x isn't a bad subwoofer but there are many more choices i think you be more overall happy with, and for less money. also, to run both of those properly you would need to upgrade your electical system.

what is the the overall goal of your build? for sound quality or just to get loud?

the enclosure is also dependent on the choice of subwoofers. the most common used is slot ported or sealed. bandpass are used in more "specific" applications. they're also sold in best buy because plexi glass looks cool.

Post Number: 2
im looking for something to achieve the best of both worlds. loud but without sacrificing much sound quality. i plan on redoing the whole sound system. It literally has a speaker in the dash for the radio that doesnt work and thats it. any input on the entire system would help too. im kinda new at this lol.

oh and im looking to spend probably in the 3000 range :D

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3080
pics of the car?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2659
^took the words from my mouth. Pics first then help

Do you take your car to car shows where you plan on making this look nice and where brand recognition matters, or is this more for your personal enjoyment?

There are many smaller brands with similar or better products at a lower price, but while they're better don't have the name brand that unfortunately catches the eyes of people at car shows. Is weight much of an issue and what type of music do you listen to?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1387
You're atleast looking at the right type of sub to get both loud and still maintain sound quality. There are other choices to go with as recommended. Google Fi car audio and see what you think of them. Their Q series would also fit your goals.

Post Number: 3
Eventually its going to be a show car. Im still in the process of restoring it. ill take pictures of the hatch tomorrow. Im also going to be building a custom center console for it and i would like to work a equalizer into it as well as a small 6 inch sub and maybe a tweeter or two depending on space. ...

but yea... ill post some pictures up tomorrow cause its dark right now.

Post Number: 5
Eventually its going to be a show car. Im still in the process of restoring it. ill take pictures of the hatch tomorrow. Im also going to be building a custom center console for it and i would like to work a equalizer into it as well as a small 6 inch sub and maybe a tweeter or two depending on space. ...

but yea... ill post some pictures up tomorrow cause its dark right now.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16267
im looking forward to this build....I see a ho alt needed tho
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us