Deathoob's stupid question time

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1724
so hears my thought(s), i want to run 2 runs of wire for + and - 1 is my old CCA wire the other is my new OFC, i was thinking the load would just be blaalenced over the two and the OFC would take the over head if i ever ran that much power. CCA (250 amps) the OFC (375 amps) so 625 amps total and my max draw ATM is 300 + 60 = 360 amps total theritacl draw. i am hopeing this will help with voltage drop.

so my main question is would my system care if i mix and match CCA and OFC? and any other thoughts you may have on this.

thank you for your time.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 134
Different wire? You mean the same wire, with a different color wrapped around it? lol

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3312
theritacl... theoretical? lol

i don't see it being a problem but i wouldn't do it personally. they both carry a different resistance and the copper would take most of current. i'd take out the CCA. the OFC can handle the theritacl load anyways.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1726
i forgot to spell check.

"Different wire? You mean the same wire, with a different color wrapped around it? lol"

kind of end result would look like this in the car.

Upload

the red is OFC 1/0 the black is CCA 1/0

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 992
Yea i think it would be better to go with one or the other. That being the OFC of course...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1778
So what your saying is running one + and one - of your new ofc and keeping your old cca in? Also do you have a battery in the back?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1728
yes to 1st question, no to 2ed one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
I'm sorry i cant remember what your running in the back can you refresh my memory? was is a sundown 3k?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1729
saz-3000D @2 ohms
sax-100.2

Gold Member

Post Number: 1782
are all the + and all the - going to there own distribution blocks? and from the block going to the amps?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1730
the pos has its own distro and i am having one made for neg just like the one pictured above. it has two 1/0ga in and two 1/0 and two 4ga out.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8390
Ok.

If you want to run two runs OFC for + and 1 run one CCA for -...I recommend this. Run the OFC to a distro-block for the + on your amps. For the - run of CCA, run it to a distro also, but ground the distro to the frame/body in the back of the vehicle...then come off the distro to the amps - inputs.

If you are running a batt in the rear (and I hope you are given that you are running 3k+ wrms), use the batt as your - and + distro block.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1783
So you would have one run of + and one run of - for each the ofc and cca right.
If that is the case I honestly don't think it will matter. Either way the power will get back there. However i have used basically that same amp and i remember with out any batteries next to it it was a joke. I would just keep the same amount of - as + and it should be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us