OT. Sound Quality off ebay, New toy

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1767
Just grabbed this on ebay a couple weeks ago. I had been looking for one for the longest time.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3076
guessing by the tags on the pre-outs, it has active crossover capabilities? sweet!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1774
Yes this is one of the few head units that can do an active 4 way set up with the capabilities to bandpass on the low and mid outs. It somewhat lacks equalization but this head unit has still won many sound quality competitions so i doubt its that important. My drx9255 which has no eq or crossover sounds excellent just running straight through the unit. I know the drx was made by mcintosh but i dont recall the details of the drz. Either way it does come from japan.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3855
Awesome head unit. I messed with a few back in the day and was very impressed. Are you going to run a 4 way on it?

The EQ on it is very very flat.. all you have to worry about is time alignment and setting the crossover correctly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1776
Yes i will be doing a 4 way. Although im sure what i will be using. I Remember hearing one a while back and it sound magnificent.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3310

quote:

Are you going to run a 4 way on it?

^ would be in my signature if we had them, lol..

nice HU. everything about it just looks top shelf.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1780
I like the volume knob much better then the previous drx model from McIntosh but i think the buttons feel a little bit cheaper. Although it could just be because its not broken in yet. It was only slightly used when i got it.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16164
nice deck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us