Acoustic Elegance

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3299
this is probably one of the most relevant posts i've had in this section for awhile now lol.

anywho.. i was browsing forums bored as usual and stumbled upon a brand new to my ears (or eyes, i suppose..). Acoustic Elegance (AE). if you are into serious SQ and want to let me know how their products truly sound, please do so and purchase some. i've read up a little on them and the people behind the mask absolutely know their sh!t.

if i had not already put my next setup in motion i'd most likely be trying some out myself.

http://www.aespeakers.com

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8491
ZOMG

good find im just speechles on their specs i wish i could own one they look so terrific(since im a sq guy)

they looks like beast drivers for HT set ups

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4352
From what Matt kitzis (aka BumpinBuick) has said, they are great speakers. He has a lot of experience with them and I think he's even involved in the business. I'll let him know about this thread and he can chime in.

Silver Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 298
I work for John Janowitz, the owner of Acoustic Elegance. I do much of the assembly work, John is the brains behind the engineering. Thanks Steve for pointing me in this direction. If you guys would be interested in seeing some in house pictures of what we do I can certainly post some things up if that would be of interest to you.

Just for those who are not aware. We mill all of our steel in house to the tightest tolerance. This is something China can not always follow. We attached copper shorting rings in house and send them down the street to get nickel plated. I then assemble the motors and magnetize them. All of our softparts come from the US as well, and most recently we are now thermal-forming our own surrounds. Assembly and strenuous testing are also completed in our build house.

Johns vision years ago was to create the highest quality subwoofers he could, without skipping any corners. On top of that he wanted to offer them at a price that was affordable enough to turn all heads while just being enough to keep our company on the map. We are currently planning a large expansion so we can increase our production rate.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3302
thanks for the info, Matt. i was reading some posts from John and just from that got a good understanding of how intelligent he really is. i think some pictures could help influence others into making a purchase decision truthfully. i saw some studio work you guys did and it was gorgeous.

i will add to clarify they do make drivers specific for car applications as well as HT and studio's. and as Rob said, the specs on their drivers are great, as well is pricing.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3195
Hmmm I kinda want to mess around with one of these 15s. Which model(s) are best suited for automotive use?

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3307
"In general the X is more of a daily use type woofer and the H is more for SPL use."

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 299
The studio you saw was of Packers Linebacker Nick Barnett, its a beutiful recording studio.

I will get a few pictures up for you gentleman in just a few, I just got off of work and need some food first.

We have several drivers that work for car audio. We make a car version of the IBs. A TD can be made similarly. My favorite though and what I run in my personal vehicle is a pair of 15" AVs.

Just for an example on the SPL side of things for you guys. This year I was getting ready for a large 3x dbdrag in Wisconsin. My car was in the shop so I grabbed my Moms car threw together a box and even painted it pink for her, along with a crescendo 1000C4 and a AV15. For a car with no deadening, no testing what so ever (literally turned it on at the show on the meter) the score was very impressive. I have to look up the exact score again but it was in the 145-146 range on a clamped 600wrms. In a volvo xc90 which is by no means a spl car. Just goes to show that these are very effecient subwoofers with a high range... and they put up numbers ;)

This number also set the record in street stock a for the US and I beleive 2nd in the world.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1721
thats sexy.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 300
Sorry for the poor quality all pictures are taken from my phone which has had its fair share of issues.

Some motors after assembly
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/0929101732.jpg

Raw Steel for T-yokes and Top plates
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/1025101233.jpg

One of our assembly tables with some TD8s on the outside TD18s on the inside.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/0929101732a.jpg

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1722
thats pretty sexy i wont lie

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 301
Here is a few examples from our woodshop as we not only build subwoofers but some top quality HT cabinets as well.

John Clearcoating one of the most recent projects
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/1111101721.jpg

This is whats under that veneer that john is clear coating
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/1022101144.jpg

A special shot for you guys from the bottom right after I finished clamping the first box
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/1019101737.jpg

Here is another less complicated style cabinet, we made three of these for a customer with six TC sounds LMS5400s.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/IMG_5068.jpg

And a quick half day build I spent for a friend, this is a SPL build we did for his focus, he ended up seeing a 2db gain with this over his other five boxes he had tried.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Work/0909101749.jpg

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1723
drool

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1769
very nice work. I'm all for trying to support smaller names like this. When i have more time i will look through the site more in depth.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 226
Are yall hiring? haha. I bet that's a pretty cool job seeing things get up and going and be part of it.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2642
Very nice work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1775
That looks like a very complicated cabinet design^^^.

good work.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3856
All of those cabinets look amazing. I'd love to see some more pictures if you have the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1777
I second that.^^^^^

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3309
if someone would be a dear and post those to the thread i would very much appreciate it. i can't view media sites here

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 76
http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?t=318738&highlight=acoustic+elegance

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3322
well now.. that was a pretty interesting read.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
yup.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 302
Yes there was no doubt there was one product design flaw that was repaired because our supplier had some issues.

The last post by bassfreak leaves me confused? I never broke the sub or damaged it? I ran it on a DD Z2lv, never had any issues with it. This year I ran a pair on four Crescendo 3ks, two world finals judges watched with me as they took the power as well. Joe K. from green bay also ran a 3k at .5ohms on one and never had an issue. Take it for what you will but people talking crap over a forum vs seeing them in action... I feel seeing is believing and I wasnt a believer until john showed up to my house one day with three different subs and asked me to try and break them. That was the first time I met him. They passed my test, I spent more time learning with John and helping him advance his products and now I stand behind them 100%.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3327
i was actually more amazed at how much sh!t they tried giving him. i wanted to strangle the one guy and it's not even my product nor do i own any, lol. he even tried to refund the dude for "time" or something he was b!tching about, and they bashed him for that.

honestly though, that thread didn't hinder any decision of future plans i may have with AE. John seems like an excellent person to do business with.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 303
I had ten forum members in from ca, caco, mw, and here. They witnessed the subwoofer that was returned to AE. We played it up to 3000hz where it was very audible and down to 10hz, it was not very audible at that point for obvious reasons but then John put it on a wall socket free air and it lasted quite a while for a broken sub that couldnt take power.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1263
I have read as much about this that i can find.

I can not vouch for the product, or about what type of person that John is. What I can say is that it is very bad business practice to openly blame a companies troubles on family issues and extended lead times.
As a Manager of a specialized retail store myself, I also to run into some of the problems that John has. Seeing how John is the owner of his own company, he has the ability to do and say whatever he wishes without any repercussions. If I were to take the same course of action that John has, I would undoubtedly be fired, and it would be a safe bet that the same would be true for many other business operators.

Matt, you work for John. Please tell him what I have said or simply direct him to this forum so he can see for himself.

He does make what appears to be a nice product at a nice price, but he does have a few things to learn about running a business. Hopefully at some point he can realize this, and maybe...just maybe hearing some honest truth from an outside observer might push him in that direction.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
amen, kyle

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 304
Thanks Kyle for the insight, dont take this the wrong way as it is meant with no disrespect, but John has everything under control. Like all new starting businesses he has developed. He has learned from mistakes, he has changed things that dont work and he has been able to offer some great products at great prices.

Its bad practice to have family issues effect his business and his life? Im sorry but that is a foolish comment to make. From the smallest companies to multibillion dollar companies, the owners would be effected by family matters and it has a negative correlation their business.

I say these things because I know what goes behind our products. I know the untouchable CS we have offered. I know the fact that John works EVERY day from 8am till midnight and sometimes later, while raising two daughters on his own. John doesn't run a multi-billion dollar company but he makes the best of what he can. He meets his goals and has made thousands of customers happy.

There will always be haters with any company. If youd like to see how our product performs and our customer service. Try one for yourself, don't listen to some e-thugs because every forum is full of them.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16282
hmm interesting

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 242
OMG specs are amzing, highest le value i could find was like .4 an i thought my atlas's .7 le value was good lol.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2193
i could go into a bunch of business school lingo but i will sum it up to this, business owners who try to produce a high quality product (without cutting corners) and offereing them at a "competitive" price, in a mature market as this, dont do very well. I say in 3-5 years, the owner goes into a low cost structure business model and starts selling products with more inexpensive parts, I.E. = RE Audio. In this market and economy its ggoiing to be hard to find consumers who are willing to pay a premium price for premium product, especially if your company is not mainstream. it sucks, really does but its the truth.

I hope for the best for the company and can say this, increasing the production and decreasing your cost per unit manufactured is goiing to be your best bet. Just gotta get the customer to realize the value added for the price increase over XYZ company.

/end rant.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
this is very true. think of the high end car stereo companies that have either gone out of business or have become 'flea market' brands.
adire, shocker (the u.s. company not the brazilian one) lanzar, soundstream, ppi, linear power etc.
i don't have anything against A.E. but i would suggest looking at putting some lower end 'base model' subs on the market. just for example, i would bet digital designs sells alot more 500 series and 1500 series subs than they sell 9500 series or z series subs. the low line subs pay the bills every month.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
dude don't include shocker in that list, you know nothing about shocker dude. i know mike persoanally and the reason he got out of it was cuz he was banned from spl comp cause his speakers won so much. dude in 05 shocker audio took home over half of all the trophys at world finals an guess what all the big name companeys got pissed cuz some local dude was beating everyones azz. an if you knew anything about shocker you wouldn't talk sh1t id put a properlly built 05 sig agaisnt ANY "spl" out there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
well dude,uh dude lol.
that is my exact point. he made a good product but still went out of business.

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
more liked forced outta business. kind of hard to sell speakers when their designed to win spl comps but no one is allowed to compete with them hmmmmmmmm?

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 305
Mike would only sell to people he wanted to sell to. He was also a scumbag when it came to his team. Jeremy was on his team and designed a 160nw van, showed it to ONLY mike and within a month five other vans on team shocker had Jeremys design.

On top of that Mike owed money all around town. I know he still owes Joel in Milwaukee about 8k in subs, Jeremy and Josh also are owed some cash as well as an apology. Shocker took home several torphies for one reason and one reason only, they made them selves appear exclusive. They took one design from their top competitiors and copied it so everyone in each class had the same design.

Is shocker a better SPL subwoofer then all the rest? Not in a chance. Run FEA modeling on it, sure it has a huge amount of saturation and the tight gaps kept a very solid power compression but in almost any application another subwoofer could be swapped out and the score would vary +/- .5db

Back on topic, John does beleive in a high end product at an afordable price. I have personally talked to him dozens of times about offering a cheaper line, something maybe NCA, SJA, or JLD would produce. He beleives in how his company is setup and will continue to keep it that way. I am not going to argue what will work or wont.

I dont care much for business lingo as I have my BA in Business and going for my masters. What it boils down to is what is taught in a business class vs real world results is far off. Is it a trend that good companies cheap out... sure, hell everyone did in the 1990s when they jumped ship to China. But Johns company was formed after that era and he has faith in his business plan. That is the most important part.

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
matt not trying to start a fight but how did he copy anything? the very first sig was designed by thilo pretty much a copy of the 4hp but with a 3in coil an different gap. an every sub after that was designed by thilo an mike except the 05 sig which mike designed himself cause thilo was ripping ppl off. an yes i know mike still owes people money and that is really sh1tty but i can't change that an he hasn't ripped me off so persoanlly idc about any of that.

back on topic ya those buildhouses are nice but they dont do any "custom" stuff so if there machines are setup to do it then ya great but if you have something specific you want they won't do it. quality is key in everything, they have very nice specs would like to play around with one if i ever got extra money.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 307
Mike didn't copy the subwoofer. He saw Jeremys setup, how the loading wall was built, what gained and didnt and informed the rest of the team. What he did is he took someone elses hard work and he leaked all the tricks. Im not saying he "coppied", maybe I used the wrong word and if so im sorry. Im saying hes shady.

Are you kidding me? NCA and SJA will damn near make anything you give them specs for. JLD and several other over seas companies will as well but just charge a little more. I know because I have personally had prototypes ordered.

I think one thing maybe people are overlooking, as I read back on this. People are comparing how car audio companies have cheaped out cause they cant make it without going to china. Well AE is a HT and loudspeaker company. Its a much stronger trend that HT companies have stuck to quality. I mean B&W still makes everything here, so do many other companies that we find ourselves in direct competition with.

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
oh my bad thought you were saying he copied the subwoofer motor design. but to say he cheated or copied someones desing build wise ehhh not my place to say either way so maybe he did idk.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 180
98.2 dB efficiency on the 18", with low xmax and distortion, what would this be like in a car? What kind of boxes is the 18 meant for? Price?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 185
I'd like to see highly efficient subs that model well in sealed boxes, like: 12" in 1 cube FC/F3 20-30 Hz / QTC .707, and an 18" in 5 cubes FC/F3 20-30 Hz / QTC .707.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 308
We have additional options for cars.

Too be completly honest John knows best as to what would be ideal for what your needs are. Personally I think the TD18 would tear it up in a car as far as effeciency. All of the AE speakers have extreme effeciency that no other car audio companies seem to touch. To this day I am still amazed as to how loud my AVs get on a total of 600wrms. If anyone is in wisconsin and would like to hear just let me know, it truly is impressive.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 189
Get some Youtube vids.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 190
What's the difference between a loudspeaker and a subwoofer? I mean can a loudspeaker still crank out low lows? Can a loudspeaker do the highs better? Better response maybe?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us