Just ordered my sub.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1317
With luck I stumbled across a thread with someone selling a rl-p 15" d2 in great condition for $200. I came home, sent the money and in like 5 minutes the guy called me. He was already at the FedEx store sending out an amp and since he got an email showing I had sent payment, he is sending the sub out as well. How about that for service I'll be sure to post some pics when it comes in, I'm pretty excited. This is the first time I did some research on a sub and came across one that fits my goals. The next step is to figure out what kind of enclosure to go with. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1692
not sure..... ask bassman maybe, where ever he is hiding.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 498
nice man, big ported enclosure is what they perform well in.
about 2 months ago i found a guy selling 2 bnib 12" rl-s for 300 and i missed getting them. it was a sad day. the funny thing is he had them for months and couldnt sell them, then i wanted to get them and was going to and he said someone called and bought them.
anyways that is a great sub you have their and will sound great

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11601
Those are great subs, I almost bought one myself.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16078
congrats

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 975
Nice!!! Thats originally what i wanted when i bought my Q but they were on back order at the time.

Pics when you get it?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1319
In a hatchback, should I go sub up port back, sub back port back or sub up port up for an enclosure?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16107
the last one I remember us doing did good sub up port up (port at the rear of the front face of the box)

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 976
^Thats how a buddy of mine has his and it sounds really good. Setup he had before that was sub up port back which also sounded good.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1321
I think having the sub firing up is my best bet. It will make the enclosure easier to house the sub since I'm more limited on height than width. I plan to run the sub in series, ill measure the impedance when I gets here to see where its at. If I'm looking to run 750 - 1k rms at 4 ohm, maybe a little less than 4, what would you say is a good amp? I was thinking a 1000/1 since its an amp with sq in mind, however I'd rather run an unregulated amp. Any alternatives that are going to have nice dampening?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1340
She came in I can't believe how good of shape this sub is in, it's as mint as can be without being brand new. The voice coils read 2.2 and 2.1.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3196
Very nice sub! I always wanted to try A Soundsplinter sub. Hope you likey!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16154
im glad you got a good piece

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1342
I wired the sub in series, and in parallel, and measured the impedance with my DMM. In series its reading right at 4.0, bouncing down to 3.9 slightly. In parallel its staying at a steady 1.3. I'm glad to see it's hitting right at 4 ohm in series, I was worried it may have read a little higher.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 986
Very nice!!! Looks to be almost brand new.
You figure out what your doing for a box?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1344
I'm pretty set on going 3.5 cubes at 30 Hz. I was thinking of a two-tone carpeted enclosure, with the face being grey and the rest being in black. I was also thinking of having the face of the enclosure sunk down just a little to give it a different look. I was thinking of going sub up, port up, but I'm also considering sub up, port back. It just seems like if the port is up, theres always a chance something could fall inside the box without me knowing it.

Something else I was curious about was, is there some types of "security" screws? Something I could use to screw down the sub and maybe secure the enclosure in my trunk with so if someone happened to break into my car they would have a hard time getting my things out. I'm planning on investing a good amount of money into this project over time and wouldnt want it to just walk off. I figure I could fasten down my amps with the same screws as well.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1725
you can get tork screws with pin's in the screw heads so you cant just jam a screw driver in there.

also as far as ports go, my box fires port side and likes to eat TP and paper towels i have in the back. port up is probably the safest lol.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1365
Could I safely run 1200 rms to this rl-p?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 12028
I actually almost got the RL-p before I got my RL-s but I got talked out of it but mostly it was because I had my heart set on the RL-s. I talked with a few different people (people who ran them and an SS guy) and they all told me while yes, I could run that much power on the RL-p, it would do no real beneift. It doesn't need that power and really it's overkill. Anything between 750-1000rms is more than enough for the RL-p. With that response, I'd say there's no need for the 1200rms but if you already have it, use it and be careful.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1366
Thanks for the info. I guess I could just set the amp at 1k and know I have the head room.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16172
this is very true

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1262
i regret selling my rl-p

but as yanks said, no need for 1200rms
i would say 800 would be great
1k would be the max i would throw at it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16180
hurry up and get that sub installed I want to see a video

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1371
lol, its going to be a while until I get it up and going.. I'm still working on getting an amp and then I think I'm going to get a battery. Then I'll still need the enclosure. Also planning on getting a new alt. Dustin is not feeling so great right now so I'm not sure about when or if he'll be able to build me an enclosure anytime soon. I'm going to just get other parts first and wait to get the enclosure and see how he's doing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16184
ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us