Memphis vs Sony

Username: Hokiefanatic53

Post Number: 1
Im looking at getting a simple two 10s in a sealed box. The place i went to to get it priced out said they recommend the memphis package. It was a little more than i anticipated to pay, but I will definitely pay if the memphis subs have a better sound, and better quality than the sony xplod. give me some feedback please, looking to you guys on here who generally have a lot of knowledge on this. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Mcminnville, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2113
well sony stuff does not sound worth a lick.really the subs sound pretty bad.ive heard them.

i have heard some of the bottom line memphis subs and there not the worst you could do.sure beats sony.there aactually pretty good for most people.the guy that i know that has them is pretty happy with em

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Mcminnville, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 2114
let me add i have owned a 10inch sony xplod sub.it sounded like air kinda when u turn it up a lil.the box was fine they all do that.a bunch of people have em here.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16792
memphis is better than sony anyday

whats ur budget for sub\s & bass amp ? ....

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1307
If you're buying these retail, we can recommend something better than the Memphis.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 186
My Memphis powerReference 10" out beat and out sounded my buddy's so-no-explode ""1200 watt"" 12" By leaps and bounds. Sony explod 3 way 6x9s sound good tho, cant lie. But yeah don't pay retail you goof go to db-r.com and check the sundowns or caraudioclassifieds.org/ and look around

Username: Hokiefanatic53

Post Number: 2
would you guys recommend kicker? ive got a friend who has two 12s and they sound good. im leaning towards the memphis's thought

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 469
if your wanting a loud system your looking in the wrong direction with 2 10s in a sealed box.
you might be more interested in using a ported box. 2 10s or 2 12s could be plenty. with a stock electrical with 2 12s and a 600 watt rms amp, you would be surprised how loud a set up could be

not sure how much you are looking to spend, but if its around 300 for subs, i would recommend some audioque sdc 12's or 10s they are great subs, that get very loud and sound pretty good.
or if your after a cleaner sounding, but not so loud bass there are many options for that as well.

whats your budget and vehicle being used for the install?
any other aftermarket stereo equipment installed yet? say headunit or speakers or amps?
or do you have anything?
if you are completely new to this, and not trying to spend alot of money, i would recommend doing a ton of reading of how to properly install a stereo, as it can be difficult the first time.
but there is plenty of help here, just be sure to include as many details as possible

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 189
Kicker is comparable to Memphis, The l7 and mojo are both pretty sweet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us