Subwoofer/Amp shut off for a few seconds?

Username: Vajboi651

Post Number: 2
So today I decided to thump my system and adjust the gains on my amp. My sub is a RE MX 12' and the amp is an SPL Gorilla series mono 3000w. I was thumping it pretty loud then when I turned the volume past 20 it shut off for a few good seconds. Now I don't know if it's my sub woofer or my amp that went out. But this had me reminiscing about my buddie's JL W6 story that he told me and afterward his sub was never the same. Maybe I was pushing too much distortion power to the sub? There was no difference in the bass and sound once it came back on though. But I was just wondering what it was that caused it to just shut off like that. Again I don't know if it's my amp or the sub that shut off or maybe some weak wires? So please leave your 2 cents on what this might be.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23914
If the sub sounds the same you pushed your amp into protect.

It's kinda like those plastic necklaces you buy for your daughter. They're designed to pull apart long before she can choke herself with it.

Stop trying to choke yourself.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11557
my 2 cents is don't mess with your amp settings when you don't know what it will do.

And also a tip, you have a nice sub, get a good amp to go with it... looks like you cheaped out this time.

Username: Vajboi651

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm running the SPL gorilla for now but plan to upgrade to a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd in the near future.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3279
hey, at least the cheapo protected your sub (but def get rid of it asap haha).

fyi, subs don't cut out or have any type of protection. they just fry. if you hear (or don't) something funny, it's because of your amp/signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us