Total garbage?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1290
Saw this amp on my local Craigslist and I was wondering what you thought about. I know power acoustic is not that good of a brand but they're only asking $125 for it. It's the bamf 5500D model. I'm interested because it says it does 1700 rms at 4 ohm. I know its over rated but would it Atleast produce a clean 1k rms at 4 ohm? If this amp is total crap let me know. Anyone have experience with them?

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/ele/2069288833.html

It appears to be in good shape.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1291
I've looked around online at some older threads about the amp and it's definetely over rated. My only question is, how much power would this amp really produce at 4 ohm realistically.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8364
IIRC, that amp produces ~1800w @ 1ohm.
Not sure about 4ohm.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1292
I asked on CACO and I've heard the amp will only do around 425 rms at 4 ohm. I was also told to avoid the amp haha.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 169
I almost got this amp, and instead got a sundown. IMO this will be a pretty strong amp. Everyone like to hate on power ak but I have heard them beat some subs up.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 213
"Everyone like to hate on power ak but I have heard them beat some subs up."

probally from clipping, PA sucks espically that amp. could go to wal mart an get a xplod 1000watter and itd be better than that.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 460
stay away from it, pa has such horrible quality, its not that they can't produce power, because they can produce decent power for their cheap prices. but its their boards that are such low quality. you can expect the amp to last hopefully a year before it goes into protect, or just simply powers on, but has no output.

not even worth spending the money even tho it may be cheap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us