Sound Processor info needed

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1552
Hey guys, I was just wondering what your oppinions are on sound processors?
I saw this one in the crutchfield magazine and i was interested by the description, also seems to have good reviews, but I generally take car audio reviews with a grain of salt. Unless they are from Ecoustics that is lol.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_150_AudioControl+The+Epicenter+-COLOR-+WHITE -.html

Feel free to tell me about any other signal processors you like.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8363
The epicenter is pretty much a bass-boost w/ adjustable center freq. and Q.
From that I gather.

It can help when installing w/ a factory HU though.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8435
it recreates the low soundwaves in the subwoofer spectrum, to recreate a full and rich bass songs..

in other words it will create a diferent bass tones of the song to make it more compatible to your subwoofers and make it sound fuller and bigger..

i will suggest a hifonics maxxlink even its a bridge procesor can be used with one amp as a line driver with some bass features that will really help you out..

also check waves maxxbass its alot better if you need some bass

Bottom line.
the epicenter is one of the most used car audio equipment.. its been out for a while and really is a great thing to have but you have to keep in mind having that you will not have a real Sound quality system since the epicenter will output diferent BASS LINE than the original ones.. so for true audiophiles that thing is out.. so is more for people who just want bass when the songs they play dont have enough bass lines to feed their bass set ups..

hope i can help alil on your epicenter question.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8436
is not a bass booster and it cant be compared to another one

the best name that it could be called is "digital bass restoration"

so yeah it will restore your current bass lines of songs and reproduce a more bassier bass line

it will distort the bass line to make it into a more bassier song and the term distort its not a bad thing in this case

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1301
Phoenix Gold Tantrum BASSCUBE FTW!

TBASSCUBE>Epicenter

I have both but only use my audio control epic-160 (volt meter/160db SPL meter/ Epicenter) for spl meter. The bass cube has a much better sound JMO!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1553
Can someone please describe what they do in more detail please?

I think I get it, but im not sure. Lets say I play the song tom sawyer by rush on my system, but it doesnt have as much bass as I would like. I get a soundprocessor and it boosts(safely) the low end frequencies so that it bumps more like a rap song than a classic rock song? Then what does it do on a bass heavy song?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8441
the epicenter will take out the bass line from your song tom sawyer and recreates it with a much more bassier bass line

and bass boosters only boost the lower frequencies

on the epicenter you might hear the bass lines alil diferent than originals if you hear them in a true sound quality system..

its also a restoration product so it will restore the missing bass lines and recreat it again with a more bassier line but yeah it will modify it wont be noticable but in true terms the ending output is diferent from the original

Gold Member

Post Number: 1554
will it fix disortion in the bass on lower quality songs?

Basically all I want to know: Is it worth the money to get one of these?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11560
" will it fix disortion in the bass on lower quality songs? "

No. This is a saying been around in the computer/tech field since the 80s: garbage in, garbage out.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3280
from my experience with mine you will only use it on rock music. its effects on rap and such genre's are very undesireable.

what it does is detect the low freq's in the original composition, then amplifies the lower octaves of it. so say you have a bass drum that produces an 80hz sound on the track. the epicenter amplifies your choice of a lower octave, say 40hz, over that 80hz, giving it a much deeper/louder sound. the gain of it is user determined by the remote knob direct from the unit.

it will work great on certain songs, but not all of them. depends on the original production. for those it where it doesn't you just adjust the epicenter gain to 0 via remote knob and it's effects disappear.

if you want have that song with lacking dual bass drums shake the sh!t out of your car, yes, buy one. i won't go without one now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8443
^^^

yes in other word like i said.. and what it says on the damn box... is a bass restoration..

M.S your a fu.ck.ing douchbag u never tried it in person..
so shut the fu.ck up you ignorant piece of sh.it

like eric said.. yes it does miracles on some songs.. and other songs the effect is wack.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11569
Yet another worthless post by fail-rob... lol

If you think that thing IS going to "fix disortion in the bass on lower quality songs"... then well, you're even dumber than I thought... and that says a lot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1555
Thanks guys, I think I might go with the epic160, so even if i dont care for the bass restoration I still have the built in spl meter. from what I have read it is pretty accurate, obviously not a termlab, but i have heard it is only off by </= +/- 2 db.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11571
It can be within a few db IF calibrated... a major flaw of those AC mics is that is easy to change the calibration, a TL is fixed.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14236
I used to own an EpiCenter, before I sold it. It's a nifty gimmick, but honestly it was just as easy to run a pre-amp with a +/-15dB boost knob @ 40Hz. That put bass into ANYthing with a twist of the knob.
The Epi is a cool little unit, and it will put bass back into things like old poorly mastered CDs or radio stations, but I'm a believer in keeping a signal path as simple as possible for the best result, so I try not to get carried away with these add-on signal processors.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8444
If you think that thing IS going to "fix disortion in the bass on lower quality songs"... then well, you're even dumber than I thought... and that says a lot.

read it carefully you fu.cking tool...

you so fu.cking useles.. you dont know sh1t shut the fu.ck up

like i said it will not fix it will recreate the bass line with a much bassier one the effect might be good on some songs or undesireblade in another songs..

fu.ckin douchbag read before quoted something that never been said stupid

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11574
is it like not possible for you to make a useful post thats not full of fail?

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8445
you are so fu.cking stupid

Gold Member

Post Number: 1556
Maybe I'll go with a nice 4 channel amp instead and work on getting moar midbass. Any suggestions for under $200? looking for something efficient.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3283
http://www.woofersetc.com/p5669/475a--Infinity-4-Channel-FullRange-Amplifier.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6250/MRPF300--Alpine-VPower-Series-4channel-300-Watt- Amplifier.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p8608/GTA504--Boston-Acoustics-4-Channel-320W-GTA-Series-Amplifier.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 8446
ill get a phoenix gold...

try to find a maxx wave or orion maxx bass or any maxx bass sound processor put that between your front speaker and just hear it works.. awesome piece of equipment but its to rare here in the car audio community

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14238
you want an efficient amp? look at a digital class-T or class-G amplifier (full range) like some of the newer Alpine units.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 962
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds/494316-fs-boston-gt-42-4-ch annel-amp.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 8447
no in digital amps look no further than the blaunkpunt t its started everything is affordable and is a legend..

but i will still think you should stick with poenix gold..

its affordable and quality of and sound of amps many times its price
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us