Got a new 13av.2 and kicker sx1250.1. Box?

Bronze Member
Username: Glowbox

Post Number: 41
Ok so i just picked up a new 13" Elemental Designs 13av.2 and a kicker sx1250.1.

The sub is rated at 1200-1500 RMS and the amp at 1 ohm puts out 1438 RMS (birthsheet)

My question is does a 3 cubic foot box sound too big? Space is not limited could go all the way to 7 cubic feet.

I also want it to really pound the DEEP bass so was thinking possibly tuning it to 28hz?

Lastly I want to use tow 4" aero ports and was wondering how long each one needs to be for a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz if that idea sounds good.

Otherwise what do some of the audio gurus recommend?

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 253
That box size sounds about right you should be OK....

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15948
27 inch long port using 2 4 inch aero's but they only go up to 17 inches

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Any other opinions? Here are the specs

Qts: .45
Qes: .48
Qms: 7.48
Fs: 23.29Hz
Re: 2.81
Vas: 55.79L
Mms: 257.0g
Bl: 14.81T*m
SPL: 83.50dB
Sd: 556cm²
Xmax: 28.75 (Physical Linear)mm
Voice Coil: 76.0mm

Magnet Width: 7.500"
Cutout Diameter: 12.000"
Mounting Depth: 10.25"
Weight: 59lb
Total Height: 10.5"
Displacement: .12 ft³
Outside Diameter: 13.500"

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5831
I feel for a 13" sub 3 cubes is a bit unneccessary how about going with 2.5 tuned to about 33 Hz...most songs being played don't even have frequencies in the 20s....33 will allow you to optimize full out put at lower and higher frequencies...I personally would go with 35hz

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 214
nice amp! but ya 3cf seems a little big may try 2-2.5cf and id tune around 30 at the lowest for car audio.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Ok, ya picked it up for only 150 with the SXRC without a mark on it. So 30hz is a good frequency to hit the lows but still have a lot of output? Ill probably do 2.5 cubic feet.

When calculating aero ports on some online tools such as precision port, when you put in that you will be using two does the length it gives you for each port or do you divide it by 2 for each port?

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 179
stay at 3 cubes if you love the low-lows but the mids and kinda lows won't be real loud. You're going ported rite?

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
i have my AA atlas 15 tuned to 30hz and it murders the 30-40hz range wich is where most "low" rap bass is. most calculators give the length of each port. i use this one http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Ya i like the lows like in the song "waddle" by gorilla zoe if anyones heard that song, don't know wat its tuned to though.

It will be ported but will 3 feet drastically reduce output?

And ya I like the BCAE port calc

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
na 2.5cf compared to 3cf isn't really that big of difference. im not sure if ED rates their subs as mechanical or thermal rms. thermally 1300wrms should be fine but i was worried about mechinically on the spiders thats why i rec. a slightly smaller box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
ya they suggest 1200-1500RMS

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
should be fine then.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2593
they have a video where they really beat on it free air too; should be fine

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 470
waddle is i would guess around 35 hz. if you tune to 32 hz or so you will have some crazy lows, just built a box tuned to 31.8 hz and it kills the song waddle, i luv your girl, i like it by too short. even that low bass note on the trey songz bottoms up. no hands by waka flacka. the whole hard in the paint song.
any decaf music, and basically all young jeezy like hypnotize air forces. ect ect ect.
if you recognize those songs and know the bassline and want it to pound hard and move everything in your car to music like that. i say anywhere from 29 hz to 32 hz at the highest.
make sure you do 16 to 18 sq in of port per cu ft. if you really want lows thats what you must do.
so to get 3 cu ft net. your probably gonna have a gross volume of around 4.7 or so cu ft

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 471
oh and if you really want lows you need to forget the whole aeroport idea. you need to do a slot port, thats what the info i gave above was referring to
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us