System help!!!

Username: Boarder18

Post Number: 7
alright i was wondering what would be the best system for a 1998 ford ranger extended cab.

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 111
I'd start with a nice new deck...a two ch amp 2x75 to power a nice set of componet speakers...or even better a 4ch amp 4x50 with active capabilities to power a componet set...then I'd add two subwoofers...a pair of quality 10's and at least 600rms of sub power....for the pair...in a nice custom ported box

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15864
i agree

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 143
I would sell that ranger to pay for a Dodge Ram with an 8.0 V10 2500, put 1 18" solo x that I might would find at
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/

I would put a Sundown SAZ 1500D That I would find at
http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67

with 1 gauge all around. upgrade big 3, later get an alt when you can afford it. Build your own ported box with ~5 cubes tuned to 30. the lows will kill you. and you'll be in an awesome ride. and you should put sundown across the windshield and a smaller kicker one on the back or side glass. paint your roof with a rebel flag. Put my 33x15.5x16 SuperSwamper tsl that I have for sale on the the charger, then get a high-flow air intake like from Spectre cuz they're cheaper than KnN and the same thing with an intake tube to get it up and out of the way of riverwater, Tint the window, OF COARSE to about 25 %. Cut off them sh!t muffler, true duals with an X pipe from magnaflow, Cherry Bomp glasspack muffler, and dual 5x18 stainless tips(for extra bass). Lift blocks, no more than 3 inches, cuz higher than that, you will want a better lift design. DO NOT EVER PUT A BODY LIFT ON ANYTHING EVER. Later when you can afford it, put some headers and some 4:10 gears on that beast.

Do that exactly and you will be a man like me and we can go hit some mudholes.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15941
lol

Bronze Member

Utah

Post Number: 17
HAHA i think i will stick with my ranger! It has a 6 inch lift with some 33s on it and is pushing 180 HP with 300 lb-ft of torque!!! my ranger is a high 12 second truck! now i got 2 12 Alpine Type Rs in a folded horn box being givin 800 watts each. truck is thumpin down the road.~!!~

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 71
LOL! a ranger with 33 inch tires and a v-6 wouldn't run a high 12 down a mine shaft with a tail wind.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 170
I was thinking the exact same thing. It wouldn't run high 20s with 25 inch tires and 4:10 gears. And 300 lb-ft of torque from that heap? Where did you get those figures? cuz someone lied to you! If it's a 4.0 v6, it MIGHT be doing 200 pound feet

Bronze Member

Utah

Post Number: 18
Ha its because i droped a 3.9L/4BT into it!

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 174
I like your style ! I almost went with a cummins myself, but got the v10. I love it. Still don't know about 12s. You got pics or vids?

Bronze Member

Utah

Post Number: 20
not yet we are taking it racing this weekend so ill try and get some pics or vids
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us