Dedicated mid bass woofers

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3178
Been thinking of adding some midbass woofers to my front stage just to get a lil more "kick" up front. What are some good midbass woofers I should look at? Seas,Peerless? Maybe DD? I dunno budget is $100ish for a pair. My front stage now is a set of 6.5 DLS MS6A they have decent midbass but I just want a little more. I guess I would be getting a 4ch amp so I can power my comps and the midbass off it. I wanna see some links or brands/models please!!!!

Or should I just forget about the midbass and upgrade my component set? I really like the way my DLS sound so I dunno.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5382
These are great for the money. Ive run a pair with 75 watts to each, Liked them better then my Morel Elites..Cant beat it for the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USD-Audio-USD-622-6-5-WOOFER-4ohm-PAIR-NEW-/360301047539?pt= Car_Speakers&hash=item53e39daef3

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5383
Doing a little reading on CAE, This was from a review on the W7, but he has all USD up front.

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/jl-audio-10w7-3-woofer

"The front half of my reference speaker system consists of a pair of USD Audio B-62 WaveGuide separates. This system features a pair of USD Audio 622, 6.5" midrange/woofers, a pair of the BC-300 horn loaded compression driver tweeters called the WaveGuides and a pair of specially tuned passive 2-way crossovers called the PX-BCs. I am powering these on a Zapco Competition C2K-4.0X amplifier in stereo at a conservative 100 watts per channel. (I did not run the rear surround speakers that are in my truck.) I am using the built-in high-pass crossover filter to block the bass to the component system. Both of these amplifiers are fed via Zapco's Symbilink, balanced line drivers SLB-U and SLB-TP4. There are no other signal processors in the signal path."

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 96
get some kicker resolution mids

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15867
garbage

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 275
Jl makes some nice high end mids also

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 458
upgrade the dls!!! and is your door sound deadened? that could help alot

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 459
i mean upgrade to better dls. i dont think i will ever use other components than dls, nothing i have heard or had is better than them for the price

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3274
if i were to try a mid driver out it would probably be the DD. that or an 8" woofer assuming you can fit it properly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us