Help wih JL amp 500/1?

Anonymous
I Just got this new amp and it just seems not up to snuff. I was running a 5chn. V12 alpine amp and was giving my 15" Cerwin Vega sub around 100-150 rms watts. When I got the JL 500/1 running it just doesn't seem to put out the 500rms watts it says it does. question number one, has anyone else come across the same thing for the JL 500/1. question 2, Wat could be wrong with it.

I Have 4 gauge power and ground into amp.
Cerwin vega sub is a 15" 4ohm. sub. and handles 500rms watts.
*****I HAVE ADJUSTED SETTING FOR IMPROVEMNENT AND NOTHING SEEMS TO MAKE IT MORE AND CLEANER SOUND, PLEASE WRITE AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS PEACE OUT!**********

Anonymous
Is your sub a dual 4 ohm or just a 4 ohm?

Basspro
Its possibe that ur car battery is almost dead but Ive never heard any one have a problem with JL Amps.Maybe your Gains are down?

Anonymouse
Just a side note,the JL 500/1 class d amp has a Regulated Intelligent Power Supply.This allows the amp to put out the same power rating from loads rangeing fom 1.5 ohms up to 4 ohms.These amps have been tested at 733watts rms into a reactive load @14 volts.

Anonymous
Thank you for your responses, My sub is 4ohms. and I do try diffrent adjustments on the gains and frequencys on the amp. Like I said before I just seems like the amp is only pushing out 150 - 200 watts rms. I just sound loud but without a nice bass thumb. My mirrors treble but I know that there is no loud accustical bass sound. Bass pro, Could you tell more about why you think the battery might be the problem. And If anyone thinks that may be I should get two 12" infinty perfects and get a kicker 800.4 amp (400X2)rms amp?

zac davis
hey guys, seems everyone here is anonymous, the last shop i worked for, sold jl, so i've had a chance to tweek'em, heres the first thing i think you need to check, the "infrasonic filter" cuts out your bass from that frequency and below, you could just turn it off for now or down to like 15hz, heres the second thing, if your deck's output voltage isn't great then turn the "input voltage" to low and the gain up
ps keep the jl amp, and yes kappa perfects sound really good, i'd buy'em given the price is right.
pss don't ever run any lower than 1.5, the protection won't save it, we tried to run 4 kenwood's in parallel that metered @1.26 and the amp crackled. we bench tested the amp after, it still worked but sounded fuzzy, it had to be serviced.

Anonymous
Hey sorry to hear you have a problem. first off a 15" isnt suppose to sound clear, its all about raw bass. Second check your wiring what size GA wiring do you have going from the amp to the sub? or maybe there is a cut in the wire somewhere where wasted power of leaking out of. other than that i dont know try hooking your old amp back up to the sub and check it out see if it does the samething. Hope ya fix it.

Anonymous
oops you didnt say clear you said cleanER....lol sorry

Unregistered guest
i have a jl 500/1 and it is the best amplifier i have ever bought, i currenty am running 3 rockford fosgate 10 inch HE'S and it freaking slams!

Anonymous

i also have the 500/1 but it is running a 10W7. it sounds awesome and hits hard as hell
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us