Good news everybody

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1520
FI has droped there new BTL line, sales will start Monday pic's are around if you care to find them, would like to hear your thoughts on them.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23739
Dropped in prices?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1521
there using neo now.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2549
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/uploads/1286406401/med_gallery_1784_494 _5374.jpg
I like them.
I like them quite a bit

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23742
This is too little info to be satisfying lol.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1522
theres the N1 the N2 the N3 and the N-SG. the N1 is like a mix of the Q/BL and is 1krms, the N2 is the replacement for the gen 2 BTL (2krms), the N3 is a SPL sub and is the equivalent is the BTL with the SPL option not really for music at all and the SG is the supergauss witch is for extreme SPL sub pretty much burps only. and most of these subs should be ~30 pounds.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1523
so troy is this going to be part of your new setup?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2551
I'm on the fence.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1524
think you could do 6 18"s? N3's

Gold Member

Post Number: 2552
not below the window line, which is where I want to keep it.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 857
I like it,but what do you guys think this will do to the pricing?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1525
well they did something to reduce the cost of shipping so thats good.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1253
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/45169-btl-n2-pics/

they have pics of the n1 and n2 up, that is the link to the n2
apparently they will start taking orders on monday so i would expect some technical specs to be up on the website soon.

it is a pretty radical design. im really liking it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2553
Pretty sure they have the n3 pictured at the beginning of the "since everyone wants neo" thread.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16756
unique looking motor

wished they had changed the basket design though since thats been around like 10yrs & im tired of seeing it but i guess its to keep the cost down to consumers ...

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1265
Is there any benefit to this new type of motor?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11489
It reduces weight. A lot. Like half.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2554
Weight- and the N3 up will have an a s s of motor strength. The cooling is supposed to prevent the neo from getting hot and fading like some other Neo subs do.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1529
Standard BTL-N2 pricing
12" $384
15" $404
18" $434

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13993
Getting too expensive now, just like RE did after their stellar first gen subs. Also, I don't think you can really "mix" a Q and a BL sub. One is SQ and one is SPL.. lol

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1530
"Standard BTL-N2 pricing
12" $384
15" $404
18" $434

Pricing went up $20 over standard, but considering neo cost, and the included heatsink (where the IHR was a $25 option before) the sub actually costs less with the shipping savings if IHR was ordered, or about the same without it.
The 12" ships at 42# vs 70# for the Gen2 12". No more crates... we have a laser that we are cutting packing foam to fit the motor and cradle it in the box. Saves weight... which I know all of our international customers and distributors will be happy about.

We worked hard to keep pricing the same while upgrading the driver. We are looking at the long term with this line with the addition of more multi-axis CNC machines to try and handle all of the machining as well as a massive flatbed grinder with 20" sweep and multiple electromagnet chucks for setup. Upper spacers and lower sink cover are molded in house too (been a heck of a learning curve for these). We have really upped our ability and machinery to get these subs off the ground. Based off of continued growth sales of the previous two BTL lines, we can cut back profits in favor of increased sales for simply a better product.
Hopefully the round in the chamber doesn't end up in my foot

Working on editing pics of all the drivers right now. Text is done. Specs for N2 will be edited tomorrow. I hope to have N1 specs edited and added as well. Things will definitely be up for order on Monday.

Thanks,
Scott "

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1531
also glass i read it as the N1 is like a BL that will sound a bit better on music more like the Q but is still an SPL driver like the BL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2557
I'm going to strongly disagree with you glasswolf. I paid 500 each for btls back in 06. With all the options they're around 520 shipped. Not really a price jump some 4+ years later.

Also they say the N1 specs are very similar to the Q, not the bl.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9691
That motor does look neat, I wonder how well it performs versus a "solid" motor in terms of heat.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13997
Yeah I misread, I thought he was showing pricing for the BL equivalent. I'm really more used to looking at the Q and SSD pricing, which is considerably lower, but then I do more daily and SQ stuff than SPL oriented cars these days. I'm not an SPL fan, and now I don't have to do whatever some kid brings into the shop and pays me to do. I can pick and choose.

Anyway, is Fi keeping the Q or SSD lines? Are they replacing them with a line not listed above? Those are really more of my area of concern to be honest. Those new motor structures do look really cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2558
Gotcha, no sweat.

They haven't said for sure, but it would make sense if the N1 was extremely close to one of the lower lines to not have 3 subs in the same power range.

I'm growing increasingly fond of SQ as my time alone dwindles. Before kids I used to drive by myself at least 1k miles a week, now my drive time is much lower because they cry on long trips and they're with me on the short ones. It's much easier to have it just sound good so we can all enjoy it.

Anyway, my wife keeps asking me to put in some sort of rear fill for the kids, and some head rest monitors so they will chill out on some of our longer trips. I think they should enjoy people-watching the cars next to us like I had to

I really like the looks of these subs, I've worried before about the fading neo since most neo subs are meant for SPL and people tend to get them hot. I babied my Wardens so I know they're in great shape- but fading was part of the reason. The cooling really threw me off guard. Anyway, I'll be posting a review of the N2s as soon as they're out.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14001
The thing about a good SQ setup is that while most of them can get plenty loud (and by that I mean hit well into the 130dB range, which is fine for driving around and still being able to hear an emergency vehicle behind you.. haha) they sound very clear throughout the audible range.. Not just all bass. When I say "SPL" I mean actual SPL cars. The ones designed for the sole purpose of winning sanctioned events in SPL, with no regard to anything else but burping the system for scores. SPL doesn't mean "I want a car I can drive around the neighborhood with that get so loud my ers bleed, and all my friends think I'm cool." People often confuse an SPL setup with a Boom-Car. The BTL line was essentially designed for SPL events, for bursts of test tones at high volume with tons of power behind them.
Anyway, a good SQ sub can have long excursion (say, 28mm to 32mm range?) but the key is a great BL curve, fairly low Fs, and above all else, the ability to stay extremely linear at high excursion.

On that note, regarding the kids, if you go to a DVD source, you can add the rear monitors, and some rear coaxials. Since the wife and kids won't want to listen to loud mosic anyway, have all of that enabled when the kids are in the car.
When they get out and you go for a drive, just fade entirely to the front stage, and have everything EQ'ed for that setup.. and use it solely for music. You get the best of both worlds. acceptable rear A/V (little kids won't know the difference) and still great front stage when you want it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2559
I already have a Pioneer 4200dvd I'm happy with for DVD use, I just need to add the monitors and speakers in back. I'm only using 2 of my current 4 channels on my amp so it should be an easy add on. I may add another 2 channel for that purpose so I can bridge my current amp on my front stage. I will probably upgrade from coax to Bravox Components in back I'll probably ask for 3-way suggestions when I get around to upgrading my front stage.

I'm more interested in the "boom car" I suppose. My daily driver will also become my demo vehicle so I need a lot of amperage to show off the power of the alts. Once things get above 150db sq really goes out the window. I figure the 1st get BTLs got me there fine, so the gen 3 should be even better- but going to shows or shops and being loud enough to make people want to look at my car/products is an advantage.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1535
you should check out highs on bass's truck 151 sealed on dash and 155 or 156 outlaw. and sounds good besides your vision melt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2560
What setup/vehicle?
Link? That's a huge difference between sealed and outlaw, mine averaged 2 db difference.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1536
its a truck with 2 18" dc lvl 4's or something with 2 crendo 3wkp's strapped.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1537
err lvl 5's

Gold Member

Post Number: 2561
He seems angry.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1538
na, we where all bsing he is really a very nice guy.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 201
funny vid!

Silver Member
Username: Canaanwhite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 271
I wouldn't waste my money....

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 162
ugliest sub ever. Will be my next ones tho

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 212
im interrested in seeing how the neo holds up, they say they have this crazy vent design to help cooling but im skeptical. once neo gets hot it starts loosing strength compared to ceramic. prlly won't be an issue on the n1 an n2 but once you start going crazy with power is where you really notice the effects.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 461
i remember back a few months ago on caco where highs on bass posted a vid of his prototype sub doing like 154s and it was because he messed with his term lab, man that guy took alot of crap from many many many people. the mods locked the thread it was so bad! lol

but troy please post a review asap! my friend wants to get 2 12s or 2 15s of those.
he currently has a 15" btl 3rd gen i believe with the single stack motor.
man i thought for the longest time btl's would sound absolutely horrible, but his is very very loud, and is surprisingly very smooth sounding, and hits all bass frequencies quite well.
of course there are sq subs much better, but the btl i now consider a great daily driver sub to get loud, but not sound horrible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us