Sound deadner

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1256
I know second skin is the best, but what's something else that is a little cheaper and will still work pretty good. Best bang for my buck type deal. I'm looking to sound deaden my doors, rear walls and trunk but not looking to spend a fortune. Any good deals you guys know of?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13942
eBay

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 960
http://www.protectowrap.com/prod-audiowrap.html

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13943
http://sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1493
^x2

also have heard that this is good. http://www.downsouthbassproductions.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&c Path=65&products_id=180&zenid=0d707e9eb0610ac5f67f0852d092293e

other wise i agree with glass.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1257
Great page Glasswolf, as always, very useful information. After figuring in enough to do my two front doors and both back walls (foam, vinyl wrap, cld tiles, roller, spray and cement) its going to run me 221.72. I'd do my trunk later. From what I read, do I just need one of those CLD tiles per area that I'm trying to stop resonating? For instance place one behind each speaker on the sheet metal and thats all I would need? I purchased 1/2" mdf board today to use for mounting my speakers to. Currently they're mounted to the door, which I know isn't ideal.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1258
Also, from anyone who has experience with sound deadening, before and after, how was the difference to you? Was it "WOW thats a lot better" or is it minor and isn't that big of a difference?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1495
before

after although deferent setups

i noticede a pretty big difference but i went a bit crazy, 200 cld tiles, spectrum sludge, MLV in doors \ floors \ under back seat, speaker tweekers. only thing i have not deadened yet is my ruff. also deaden your plate that thing makes a hell of a racket. of corse all my stuff was from second skin. did 2 layers on my trunk and some sludge. oh i deadened my fuel filler door as well.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1496
also sdsd says you will see demising returns after ~25% coverage iirc but i just covered every thing i could. doors are dead my roof sounds like a tin can if you tap on it.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1259
When deadening my front and rear speakers, do I need to deaden the ENTIRE door or could I do a generous area around the speakers. If I could it would cut what I need in foam and vinyl wrap in half. When it comes time to do my trunk I'll be sure to cover everything very well. That will be in the future when I upgrade my sub stage.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1260
Deadening the roof would seem like a major under taking. Not sure how the covering comes off or how it would go back on.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 904
SDS is one of the best products available period, and SDS is not trying to sell you on more is better. I have seen and experienced in person that more is not always better.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1500
yah but i had 200 tiles and and all ready striped my car what was i suppose to do.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16740
if u do a 1\2 azz job u will get 1\2 azz results

for doors i rec at least 1 layer in the entire inner door & 1 on the entire outer panel , same goes for trunk lid too

it makes a very noticeable different when done properly ...

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1261
Wow guys. I cut wood to fit to my front doors and mounted my 6.5 components to it. What a huge difference in mid bass. Before they just kind of made sound. Now they actually reproduce bass Haha. Definitely need to sound deaden the doors now.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1503
if you can seal off your door like this. http://gcs8.serveftp.net/TDP/new%20box/IMG_20101011_131044.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 197
@deathoob - In for the kill = sick!

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1262
Alright so I took the 6 x 9's I had in my rear walls out and replaced them with 6.5 coaxles. The front and rear speakers are now fastened down to 7.5" x 7.5" squares. Much better sound now. I also changed my tweeters over to the -3dB setting. My music overall sounds a lot cleaner and richer now. Huge improvement. I wish I would have did this years ago. Now, when I sound deaden things it should sound even better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us