EXTREAME cold+subs= ???

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmef

Post Number: 38
Another newb question commin at ya, I'm currently stationed in northern north dakota and in the winter months its -20 below most of the time, and gets as cold as -75. I've looked around and can't really get a straight answer to if playying your system in the winter is bad for my sub. I need some profesional advice por favor

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 547
I would suggest making sure your vehicle is very warmed up before playing your subs. You might want to even check to see how cold it is where they are and how cold the subs are. Just my opinion.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13922
Enjoying Mynot? lol what a hole that base is. I feel for you.
Anyway, yeah just get the car's interior warmed up a bit and you'll be fine. I'd also suggest playing music at a low to moderate level for a bit before cranking the volume when it's super cold too. That way the voice coils have a chance to get warmed up a bit before high excursion, high power demands are put upon them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Thanks for the help guys, Lol minot is effing terrible btw

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13928
yeah. go air force.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Pffffffff

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1482
does the air force still have control over the Stargate program?

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 43
Haha I am from North Dakota, so I feel your pain as far as the winters go. I was just home in January and it was really damn cold...

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2528
Deathoob read my mind.

I would wait for the subs to be room temperature before playing at any real volume, which at those temps means about the time you get to your destination depending on the distance you drive.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13932
Nah just wait till the heater kicks in and you're not seeing frost on your eye lashes and you're good. I lived in Michigan for the past 15 years so I understand cold, too. Anyway, playing at lower volumes will give the speaker coils and amps time to warm up a bit anyway so within 5-10 minutes you'll be ready for some power without any fear of any sort of premature wear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us