Need Opinion for Subs

Username: Dakota_fraser

Post Number: 1
I am looking at getting a pair of kicker l5 12" subs with enclosure and a O2 Oxeygen Audio 2 channel amp. The whole package is for $570. It claims that if I run the amp bridged mono at 4 ohm load it will provide 1200 watts RMS to the subs which are 1200 RMS. I don't know much about subs and amps so I was looking for opinions. Will this work out right? And if so is it a good deal? For more info here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-DS12L5-4-DUAL-12-SUBS-BOX-OXYGEN-O2-AMPLIFIER-/300476 385911?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item45f5c9ca77

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 545
Nope, don't do it. There is much better out there for the money or a little bit more.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15531
x2

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11470
x3 all junk... and not even low priced junk.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16728
dont buy that crap

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=72

2 SDC2.512-D4 $139 each = $278

+

1 AQ1200D $249 shipped

= a much better system ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15535
x2

Post Number: 2
Rovin thanks for the advice. What about for a box though? I have no idea how to build one. I've never had subs before and just recently started looking into it so any advice would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 546
You can have one built by Bassman3 on here, he is one of the best and has awesome deals. You can see his website here: http://www.DLdesignz.com

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16733
^...x2

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15562
x2

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13924
you can typically go about 50% over the sub's continuous power rating with your amplifier's RMS output power and not cause any harm due to a number of factors that actually determine the real world power seen by the sub versus the rated peak output levels advertised. Something to keep in mind when choosing gear.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the help. Until now I've always heard that kicker was a great brand so I was wondering what makes this set up so bad?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11477
Kicker square subs are terriable, that is the L5 and L7.. poor sound quality and very poor build quality, they have an extremely high failure rate. They are loud but that's about it. The CVX, CVR, and other stuff kicker makes is ok but there is usually better stuff out there.

As for a box, you can get a custom ported one from a builder such a bassman3, or just pick up a prefab sealed box of the correct size. Whatever you do don't get a prefab ported.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15575
x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us