Isobaric push pull vs ported

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 142
so i have two cheap azz 18's (acoustic bass) lol anyway was gonna make a box for them to use with my book shelf stereo for partys or w e. so know i was looking at boxes i was thinking isobaric just cuz i could use both of the subs and keep the box kinda small or i could just use one and port it. i was thinking 5cf tuned to 30hz for ported or 5.5cf sealed box iso. any opinions? has anyone ever heard of isobaric ported? theres some info on it but seems pointless? also maybe a PR setup?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15558
go ported youll get more output

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13918
Ive built isobaric and isovented enclosures. go ported. there is no advantage at all to an isobaric box. period.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 147
ya figured that, everything ive read say there an sq type box but i really don't see how it would do that but anyway its very hard to find specs for these subs all i know is that it has a high vas, low bl, and mid qts. so just going by that should i make the box bigger than useall or smaller? only gonna have around 75 watts of power and its gonna be tuned low like 25-28hz range.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13927
well isobaric certainly isn't for SPL. they can mask harmonic frequencies something akin to a bandpass enclosure, but aside from that it's just an efficiency gain. nothing more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us