A little help please

Username: Jake_o

Post Number: 1
ok so i have been looking around for about a month now but the more i look the more confused i get.

this is what i have:

my car is a 1998 doge intrepid
the trunk space is 4'7'' long 1'4'' high and 3' wide

i am looking to get 2 12" subs or 1 12" sub with 2 10 or 8" subs to accompany it.

what i was wondering is can someone please recommend some brands that would give off nice deep sounds and clean, accurate hits

i am looking to spend at the most 4k (this number can fudge up a bit higher just means more saving i have to do) which includes the subs and amp (if you could recommend an amp that would pair nicely with the sub that would also be very helpful ^_^)

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 526
I have a 12" RE SE D4 that I will sell you for $175 shipped.

Post Number: 2
ok im just going to say it...

A) i have know idea what the RE SE D4 means

B) i don't have a money just yet, i am saving up for it slowly at the moment until i can find what would be really nice for my car

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1449
AQ1200D $249 each shipped

2 SSD10 01910 $ 199.00 $ 398.00 + shipping

$638

Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit

Category: Amp Installation Kits
In Stock: Yes
Weight: 13.3
Price: $114.99 +shipping
Inline Fuse
Fuse Type: 250
Fuse Block
Fuse Type: 120
Fuse Type: 120

QTY: 1

$753

Category: Karma SS RCA Kables
In Stock: Yes
Weight: 1.1
Price: $14.49

QTY: 2

$782

Boston Acoustics SR60 $210 shipped.

$992

or

Boston Acoustics SC60 $170 shipped

$952

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT $200 shipped

$ 1192

this is my starndered answer feel free to mod it. but what are your goals for the whole system?

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1032
Simply go with 2 12 inch alpine type r's and a hifonics brutis 1200 amp. At the most 450 give or take for the amp and subs shipped maybe a little more or less depending on what website you order from.

If you want a kick a.ss low budget system go with two 12'' Fi Q's ruffly 230 per sub and you can use the same hifonics 1200 amp to power them. There your looking at about $700 shipped give or take.

Either way this is all you need and will provide the bump your looking for. If you need more than that expect to upgrade your alternator and it gets into a whole other category. These to setups will fit your needs.

Hifonics amps are decently built and sensibly priced. If your the kinda guy that wants more quality and likes to spend more money go with the kicker 1200 rms amp. Same amps kickers just a little more well built but a hell of a lot more expensive. Either way you sh.it will pound. Hope this helps

Post Number: 3
thanks for the advice pimp. ya at first i was looking at infinity subs with an 1800 amp...ill look in to the ones you suggested ^_^

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1035
How much do you know about wiring, ohm loads , etc. You might want to start a new thread and learn up about wiring and ohm loads before trying to do a self install. It wouldn't hurt to learn and would hurt to waste all the hard earned money on a stupid simple mistake you made in your setup. You will need this info if your serious about installing and doing it yourself. Maybe your experienced im not sure. When you find your subs, amp and wiring kit. Before buying start a thread about wiring techniques for your setup when your settled on what you want. It would put you in the right place. Take that to the bank brother.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 533
RE = Resonant Engineering & SE is the model numer. D4 means Dual 4 Ohm voice coils. This is something that your going to have to know when matching subs and amps. Don't go with what person says, research all the you have been given here and read through some of the other threads on this site. If you are unsure of something, ask. Pimp is right about the wiring, you don't want to get into that without some knowledge. Also, if your budget isn't that big, you might want to consider used. I don't mean craigslist either. Try www.caraudioclassifieds.org If you have a question if something is a good deal or not, just ask.

Post Number: 4
i am not the one that is going to be doing the wiring so there is no worry's there...i have a friend that is well versed in that stuff (he takes cars apart and rebuilds them) he already offered to install them for me when i get everything the only thing i am going to be doing is the layout of my trunk.

like i said in the first post im looking at about 4,000 but i can go higher it just means that instead of about 3 months i have to wait a bit longer...

thanks for the help and the advice ^_^ i will be doing research on everything that i get recommendations for (except kickers...i dont like them i went to see a few and they all sound weak and not very clear to me)

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1450
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-666

box by http://www.dldesignz.com/

http://www.woofersetc.com/p9253/SAZ2500D--Sundown-Audio-2500W-1Channel-Monoblock -Amplifier.htm

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX0BK-50

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KARSS2.6M

a high output alt, and 2 big battery's.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p9256/SAX1252--Sundown-Audio-125W-2Channel-Amplifier.h tm

a good head unit, a set of components that u like the way they sound of or some one else's pick.

i cant remember what else i missed i am sleepy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us