Trying to start a Car Audio student group at my college

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1537
I was wondering if any of you guys have tried this or started a group somewhere else. Any suggestions?

I want to try to organize some events, get some local shops involved, ect.

I need ideas.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15419
why not put up signs at the college to gauge interest

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 187
^ x2

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13915
I'm not sure I'd want to form a group that tells every thief on campus who has nice gear in his car.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16727
^,,good point !

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1853
yea man...you'd think high school is bad but trust me college kids hate A LOT. And they are smarter. So yea...the last thing you would want it a broken window with your stuff gone.

But other than that, its a great idea. I would assume word of mouth or fliers would work the best. A group of people started that here in NY couple of years ago at a local bestbuy parking lot. Everyone would get together every friday night and just chill/look at each others whips. Now there are easily over 100 cars there every night. I go by once in a while but its not the smartest idea to show off your stuff to strangers.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23629
Yeah especially when most college students are strapped for cash to begin with. Combined with the economy...........................................

My brother went to Rutgers in Camden NJ. VERY tough city. Even when on campus he needed to stretch his fraternity jacket across the back seat. That was to signify to any onlookers that he belonged to one so nobody messed with his ride. Those who did got dealt with.

You see, In Camden NJ, thieves even steal the siding off your house for the scrap $ they can get. They don't even care if you're home either.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1295
When i was in Harvard i never had anything stolen from me, even left my car unlocked a few times with a indash monitor in plain view, And when i went to Yale i lost my wallet and it was returned to the lost and found with 200 dollars still in it.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13916
Congratulations, you beats the odds. Probability still wins in this case.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1854
Wow..i'm surprised....you went to Harvard AND Yale??

But then again, i guess if you can afford those colleges, $200 is just pennies compared to what you will be making in the next few years.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1545
Lol I call BS on Julian

Never had a problem with car audio theft, but i suppose its a matter of time. Most clowns probably dont even want my stuff since it doesnt say (insert mainstream brand name here). lol I live in a pretty nice area and whenever i leave my car out for the night I always hide what I have.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11466
" Lol I call BS on Julian "

Beat me to it

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1297

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3124
lol @ Julian. That dumb Mexican didnt even graduate high school! Or pass the test to get his green card.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1298
lmfao f^ck off twiz, when the f^ck are you gonna get on aim no one ever gets on anymore

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3125
I cant ever get on at night anymore cuz I work 3rd shift. 10:30pm to 6:30am
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us