Subs not working!

Username: Hershsodhi

Post Number: 1
hey guys,
Just wanna let you know that i am a noob when it comes to electronics and i really need your help. I just bought a 2001 bmw. It has an alpine cd player in it. also, it has subwoofers wires running through out the car but i just dont see any aftermarket subs in the car (the wires are just laying there in the trunk, not connected to anything). So when i took the car out for a test drive, I was playing around with the cd player. There is a MX button on the alpine deck and when i pressed it, the system would pound and there was bass. Whenever i pressed the button, "subwoofer" would show up on the display screen and i could take it up to +80. But when i brought the car home the next day, the MX button wont work and the sound system sounded really bad and basic. Everytime i pressed the MX button nothing showed on the display screen. Can someone please help me figure out whats wrong? i really need some advice cuz im a noob

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 461
Sounds like someone removed the sub/subs after your test drive. Was it a dealer or personal?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1359
you got F'ed in the A......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us