Need some help please

Username: Valkxb70

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, I will start off by saying I am new at installing car audio but I gave it a shot, now I need help.

I just finished doing a complete car audio install on my 2000 jeep TJ. I put in a Pioneer deh-3200, 4 JL Audio TR525CXI speakers, and a Kenwood KAC-6404 amp. I have the head wired to the amp with 4 RCA's. Then I have separate wires for the speakers out of the amp. Now my problem is this, I have no sound coming from the rear speakers. If i adjust the A gain the fronts get louder, but nothing happens to the rear if I adjust the B gain. What have I done wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1177
From the head unit you have RCA cables that should be feeding a signal from the front channel and a set feeding to the rear channel, correct? Have you looked on the HU and checked the fade, etc to make sure everything is even. From the 4 channel amp, you should have a seperate wire ran to each speaker. On the amp, there may be a button that can turn it from a 2 channel (bridged) or 4 channel. Check that as well. Also look to make sure the filters maybe arn't set too high.

Username: Valkxb70

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help but I found the answer inside the owners manual on the back pages. Apparently the HU ships pre-set to have the rear RCA's as subwoofer. So prior to use it must be re-configured, yet it doesn't mention that in the set-up phase. Oh well seems to be working now. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us