Subwoofer and amp...Ram 07

Username: 7epic7

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I need some expert help. I have an 07 dodge quad cab and I'm looking at a box with a 6 1/2" mounting depth and .55 cubic feet per sub.

These are the subs i'm looking at. I plan on buying a pair, I just haven't decided which brand to go with yet--

Boss Phantom 10"
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24574_Boss+P106DVC.html

or

Pioneer Premier Champion Pro 10"
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130W2502D2/Pioneer-TS-W2502D2.html

Question:
I know both these subs claim they sound good in limited space (the pioneer claims it works fine in only .35 cf) but will it sound ok or should I go with a shallow mount? I want decent slam but I know the limited space I have to work with will hamper those hopes quite a bit.

Also, I'm a little rusty on the impedance and how it works. I'm curious on which way I should wire these for the most bump, and what wattage amp I need and at what ohms.

The boss is a 4 ohm speaker and the pioneer a 2 but if I remember I can wire them differently...If you need anymore specifics just ask and I'll answer soon as possible.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8143
one overall all the subs you put they kinda suck

if you need some good cheap but really good subs get these

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Phoenix-Gold-RSD12D-12-4-ohm-subwoofer-500-Watts-/380160249506?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures

you cant go wrong with these.. the perform like a sub costing many times its price

Gold Member

Post Number: 8144
they will meet your dimensions needs also

Post Number: 2
Even the pioneers? I thought those were pretty high end subs...

What wattage amp should I get if I go with the pioneer?

Or if I decide to go with the phoenix how powerful of an amp would I need? I need to know what power output they'll need at what ohm

Thanks for the quick reply!

Post Number: 3
Also forgot to ask about the phoenix, I took a look at it and all the reviews state it's a beast. My only problem is it says it needs a minimum of about 1.5CF of airspace, I have .55 to work with. Do they perform ok in a smaller box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8145
in a sealed box they will sound find.. keep in mind ported box add as much as 3dbs for you it will not sound as much but thats the same increament of doublem your subwoofers...

the phoenix will be WAYYYYYYYY better than pioneers

boss are garbage... and pioneer are decent but not as half as good as the phoenix gold

you should see my set up

well before it was stolen

i ran them so trust me they will bang those are the old pgs yours are the updated version

they also take alot of power you can even give them 600 rms in a slealed box they will be fine

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1026
Pheonix have heard good stuff about them. Pioneer are overpriced and under quality.

Post Number: 4
Ok, you've talked me into getting the PG'S!

Should I go with the 10's or 12's? I found the 10's online for about the same price as the 12's, but again i'm worried about sound quality so I'm curious. The box is an underseat box

Gold Member

Post Number: 8151
the pgs are the way to go....

they work good on small spaces if you are really concern go with 10s

if you are going for the win get the 12s no questions ask and ull be so happy.... yes i know is a underseat box get the 12s and get some good power for them go alil bit higher than the rated rms power

Post Number: 5
Ok, just wanted to make sure. .55 is tiiiiiiiny so I didn't know how the 12's would perform.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8155
if your going sealed you will be fine

Post Number: 6
Ok I just ordered them. How powerful of an amp do I need? And should I wire them at 1 ohm...sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I do this right

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16576
a 12" in only .55cuft sealed - hmmm

post a link to the exact model of subs u just bought ...

Post Number: 7
I bout the phoenix golds he's talking about. The model number is rsd12d. All the specs say atleast 1 cubic foot but some people are saying they run them in smaller enclosures...should I of went with the 10's? Either way I still need to know about an amp. Thanks for all the replies!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16577
well i dont want to pretend i know it all when rob has experience with these subs & i dont but .55cuft is kinda small for a 12"

it will work but u will get a more punchier bass than low with a tighter air space

imo 10's might have been better with amt of cuft but i cud be wrong ....

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 126
add some pollyfill to those boxes itll help out since there so small.

Post Number: 8
I can always return the ones I bought for some 10". What I want is the most spl for my enclosure...I don't expect anything groundbreaking but if the 10" will hit Harder because of space ill go with them....thoughts?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16578
hey man i think i may have made a honest mistake above since some sites say 500wrms & some say 350wrms

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7290_Phoenix+Gold+RSd+12d+-RSd12d-.html

http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-RSD12D-12-Inch-4-Ohm-Subwoofer/dp/B000EICUVK

* Peak: 700 watts
* RMS: 350 watts

see if u can search online for the manual ...

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 127
if you want my opinion, i would go with some 8's an port them. but thats just me.

Post Number: 9
I can always return the ones I bought for some 10". What I want is the most spl for my enclosure...I don't expect anything groundbreaking but if the 10" will hit Harder because of space ill go with them....thoughts?

Post Number: 10
1. I have a dodge quad cab I'm not sure if I can build a big enough box for an 8 under the seat.

2. It's fine about the 350/500 thing, there are tons threads saying these babies can take almost twice the rms..there was one post of someone putting 2000 watts to it for 20 minutes and couldn't blow it. Look at some of the threads on google, That's one of the reasons I decided to go with these the reviews are outstanding

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
1. I have a dodge quad cab I'm not sure if I can build a big enough box for an 8 under the seat.

2. It's fine about the 350/500 thing, there are tons threads saying these babies can take almost twice the rms..there was one post of someone putting 2000 watts to it for 20 minutes and couldn't blow it. Look at some of the threads on google, That's one of the reasons I decided to go with these the reviews are outstanding
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us