New PPI Art Series Discussion On DIY(very interesting)

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1695
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-sq-forum/87403-ppi-looking-some-sugges tions-art-series-amps-thread-continued.html

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16555
pimp ur amp ...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5397
To sum up the post for those who are too lazy/busy/whatever to go through the thread, I'll just mention the highlights:

-The members there are trying to create a new design for a new amplifier line from PPI. Grizz Archer, Product and Marketing Manager for Precision Power currently, allows them to compete with the current heatsink designer for prizes (the contest ended on Aug 13, however).

-The designer of the original PPI art series appears (member name: Carolyn Hall Young). Interestingly, the art for the .2 series was actually an illegally modified version of her prior work (not gonna lie, though, I love the artwork on the .2 series much more).

-Various comments from posters about how to best market the new series, as well as how the previous series was marketed.

-The new series will NOT be Art amps, as one poster puts it, they will be a "new genre" of PPI amps. Though they will not be the same quality as the older Art and PC series. To sum up, Grizz says, "The Power [and Art] Class does not move in the numbers we need it to now, so a more expensive [or equivalent] amplifier would be a monumental waste of time. I KNOW, we would all love it, but "love" does not pay the bills or justify expenses. The new series that we will be doing does fit between Sedonna and PC, but closer to Sedonna, but with balanced line inputs."

Thanks for posting this, by the way. It was interesting.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us