HIFONICS TRITON 8" SQUARE Full Range Speaker...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16552
have u guys seen it as yet - it came out a few wks ago ...

http://www.hifonics.com/Hifonics_Triton_Speakers.html

at around $80 http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_26062_Hifonics_HF8SQ.aspx it might be a decent buy

im supposed to get a demo from a Hif dealer this coming sunday ...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1692
Hmm seems interesting. Keep us updated on how you make out.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2401
I was wondering about the 90hz frequency response..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1693
I'm curious how the mesh inserts help the cooling. 10k is very high i guess there not kidding when they say full range.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8103
is just a port to cool the coil... when the speaker push the air goes in tru the vent and cools the voice coil when the cone goes back it push the air back out side to get rid of the heat

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1106
You can play any ol' radio boombox in a warehouse and hear it all over. The warehouse is wide open and the sound waves bounce off everything. That demo didn't really prove much. I thought square speakers weren't as good for reproducing sound as round ones, thus why the kicker L series arn't recommended.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1694
It didn't say the port was for cooling i think it specifically said the mesh was for cooling. I would think it would cool faster not having anything blocking it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8104
well the mesh is usually for filtering like wat if a rock gets in there???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1696
The mesh makes sense to help protect it but i just don't see how it help for cooling.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8106
OMG well i think they missspoken with the term mesh instead of a cooling port with mesh insert to filter out unwanted stuff..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1697
^^ haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 8112
how is it funny?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4987
Any diaphragm will produce sound IE round verses square which ever has more surface will win, as long as all variables are equal. Now when it comes to ports I have read articles about a round port being able to produce a wider variety of music but even that is subjective. Who would really want a speaker to play full range probably would sound like crap because I couldn't imagine Hifonics having a transient response fast enough to cover 90hz -10k hz lol.

Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1484
My favorite part: "TURN YOUR SPEAKERS DOWN! We adjusted the volume of the video so that it will be substantially louder than the guy talking."

Gold Member

Post Number: 1704
"how is it funny?"

I knew what the guy meant to say i was just making fun of his error and it seemed as if you were getting annoyed of it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16573
wanna get ur mids\highs ridiculously loud ? - try using some pro audio speakers

ur sure to be the loudest on ur block , get ur hearing damaged & collect multiple noise pollution tickets ....

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 113
ya pro audio speaks would be loud but there also harsh and WILL sound awful. an ANY square speaker sucks sure they have a slight sd advantage but being square puts more stress on the spider and cone and surrond thus resulting in many speaker failures. but ehhh to each their own i guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us