SSA DCON's

Silver Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 191
I need a little help and advice here guys.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/dcon.html

First, are they any good for SQL?

I don't yet know for sure If I should go with a pair of 12"s sealed or a pair of 10"s ported. I can get the 12"s in exactly the 1.2 cube box each which they are reccomended to run sealed at, or I can run the 10's with a port in about 1 cube after the port and woofer displacement are factored in. For the port I was figuring 1"x15.5x 28" deep. Which would put me around 30-33Hz correct?

BTW, I'm going to run them with a ZRS Cadence 7000D at 1ohm. I have pleanty of power available not planning to use it all though.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1101
The DCONs will be a great SQL driver. Going sealed is going to help them maintain great SQ but they'll still get plenty low and loud. Especially on good, clean power. I'd say go with the 2 12's sealed, I think you'll be happy with them. What will these be going in?

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 192
I'm going to drop them behind the rear seat in my 90' RamCharger. (Like a Tahoe made by Dodge)

For box size, the sealed 12"s would work better, and I want to try a sealed box. Do you think the 10's ported would be much/any louder?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1104
The 10s may peak a little louder at the enclosure's tuned frequency but the 2 12s are going to give you more cone area. More cone area will help achieve more SQL.

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 193
Ok, I think I will order a pair of 12's tomorrow then. I don't like trying to squeeze the ported box for the 10"s down to fit what I am willing to give up for space. (Trying to keep 24"s from the box to the tailgate for hauling things.

I'm planning to have them face the tailgate, but I could face them to the rear of my back seat, though they'd be very close to the seat Maybe 1-2 inches from it. I don't know what that would do to the sound, but it would keep them out of the sunlight and away from sharp cargo. Any thoughts on this?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8110
ill chose a pair of fi q,s since your looking at going for the 30-35hz area
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us