AQ HDC3 18"

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 303
guys i have my mind pretty well set on this sub i was just wana know some pros and cons... also i want alum coils... but the only problem is can the aq2200 run at .5ohm? its gona go in a 98 silverado ext. is it possible to fit 2 18's? thanks for the help guys and girls. lol well prolly not to many girls around here

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1097
Why run it at 0.5 ohm? Why not do a dual 2 ohm and run it at 1 ohm? If you plan to run two subs, get both dual one ohm, then wire them to one ohm at the amp. You may be able to fit 2 18s but I'm thinking its going to be tight. You may be better with 2 15s in a properly built ported enclosure. If you have the room for 18s though, go for it, thats just going to take a pretty large enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 126
2 18's will take up all the room. If I remember right, the room in the ext cab in 98 is far less than the room of today's ext or quad cabs. 2 15's or an 18 in properly built boxes will sound better then trying to jam 2 18's in a box that is to small for them. If you are willing to go from the roof to the floor and cover your back window, you may be able to sqeeze 2 18's in there. I've always liked ext cabs. Always thought it was easier to get them loud.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 127
I don't think running that audioque at .5 would be a good idea. going from 1 to .5 might get that thing pretty hot. Just an opinion. I've never used aq amps. I have been doing a lot of research on the aq 20k and I know they say several times "don't run under 1 ohm" I would assume that goes for all of their amps.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2510
well... i had an aq2200... i ran it at .5 ohms for 8 months... never had a problem with it. don't be stupid with the amp ... but if u know what ur doing it loves .5 ohms... i have even seen guys run them at .25 ohms... but i wouldn't run it at .25 daily

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8108
it will fit as long as you take out the backseat and put a wall..

but why do you want alot of anoyying bass??? ull be end up bein pull over and have a massive ticket and probably have your ccar impounded if you have some agressive laws...

and also your bass will get anoyying to you overtime that u will end up with low volume most of the days and ull turn it up only when people are around to have that bling factor....

ill stick with 1 with a single amp ull be better

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2513
"but why do you want alot of anoyying bass??? ull be end up bein pull over and have a massive ticket and probably have your ccar impounded if you have some agressive laws...

and also your bass will get anoyying to you overtime that u will end up with low volume most of the days and ull turn it up only when people are around to have that bling factor...."

did u really just say that/??? come on man! its a car audio forum! we are all bassheads!

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1698
Thats just one of the things everyone has to learn for themselves.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16561
is it 1 2200d to play both subs ?

why not just order the regular copper coils & d2 versions ....

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1701
I'm my eye the only reason i can see aluminum coils being needed are for Burbs and pure spl. I can personally vouch for the hdc315 copper coils and i will say on musics you will literally be beating the p!ss out of the sub and will almost be over the excursion limits before the coils get that hot. Also if your only using one aq2200 i would definitely get the copper coils. The cool thing is if you really believe you need the aluminum's down the line you can just re cone them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us