FI Q 12

Username: Donaldkbart

Post Number: 1
I am looking at the FI Q 12 and an AQ1200d amp. Should I get the dual 1 ohm sum and run this at 2 ohm load for almost 900, or should I get the dual 2 ohm for a 1 ohm load which is 1200? Is this too much for the sub or should I be looking at another amp that has closer to 1k @ 2 ohm?

While I'm at it, I have a 2009 honda civic coupe, what size box and should it be ported or sealed. I mostly listen to rap music. Sorry for the noob questions, I'm trying to learn but I am kind of confused lol, love the bass though, gotta have it! Thank you for the help\

just found http://www.woofersetc.com/p8810/ONX11500D--MB-Quart-1500W-RMS-ONYX-Series-Class-D-Monoblock-Amplifier.htm would this be a decent amp to push this sub

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1094
You'll get more help in the subwoofer section probably. Get the dual 2 ohm version and run it at 1 ohm to the amp. When you order the sub you can add options to make the sub handle more power and such. It can handle 1200 rms just fine. If you listen to a lot of rap, etc, definitely go ported, tuned low. The Q is an excellent choice. If you want a great enclosure for your sub, you can have Bassman3 on this forum custom make you one.

Post Number: 2
thank you for the response, I'll look in the sub section

Post Number: 3
this might be relevant to this forum but with that amp running at 1 ohm do I need another battery or will my cars electrical be good enough. I want a long lasting system with as little harm to my car as possible.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1096
You may want to upgrade the "big 3" but you should be ok with ~1200 rms.

Post Number: 5
thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us